Spicy Rosemary Butternut Squash is a super easy less than 30 minute side dish that works perfectly as part of an autumn meal.
Why does the turkey get all the attention on Thanksgiving Day? Seriously! It is the side dishes that make the feast a day to remember.
That is exactly why you need this quick and easy spicy rosemary butternut squash side dish on your menu. You are going to love this fun side dish as it is delicately naturally sweet and nutty flavored, aromatic from the rosemary and slightly spicy from on the cayenne pepper and smokey from the paprika. With just 6 little ingredients, you can have so much flavor.
Spicy Rosemary Butternut Squash is happily gluten-free, vegan, paleo friendly and super high in vitamin A, B vitamins, good source of antioxidants, helps boost immunity and is high in fiber.
Did you know that you can make your Spicy Rosemary Butternut Squash recipe up to 3 days in advance of serving. For us this is huge! We only have one little oven and we need to do much of the cooking and prep in advance of the big day. Once that huge turkey gets in the oven there is not much room for anything else.
If you are looking for other delicious butternut squash recipes be sure to try our Roasted Butternut and Carrot Ginger Soup, Butternut Squash Vegetarian Lasagna and for dessert a Cardamom Ginger Butternut Affogato. Our Creamy Kabocha Truffle Pasta is also delicious made with butternut squash. If you have leftover Spicy Rosemary Butternut Squash, give this delicious recipe to try.
The dish is even more easy as we chose not to peel the butternut squash to save on time. We just cut in half, removed the seeds and sliced in ¼ inch slices so that would cook quickly. We left the peel on to save time and protect those wee little fingers of yours. How many of you have had an emergency room visit after a bad encounter with a dull knife and a butternut squash?
Please be careful! Make sure that knife is sturdy and also just sharpened. We used our Chinese cleaver to get this guy open and sliced. Of course, if you are not pressed for time, go ahead and peel your squash if you would like.
Are you looking for some other Thanksgiving side dishes?
Be sure to try our...
Spicy Rosemary Butternut Squash
- 2-3 pounds butternut squash cut in half, seeds removed and sliced into ¼ inch slices/
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste for desired heat
- 1 teaspoon paprika (We used Hungarian paprika)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F ( 204 degrees C).
- Toss cut butternut squash with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika in a bowl.
- Spray your baking pan with a little oil or line with parchment waxed paper to prevent sticking. Lay out the cut and seasoned butternut squash in a flat layer on a baking sheet. Do not overlap.
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Enjoy! (You can make this dish up to 3 days in advance and then just reheat to serve)