Roasted Cajun Pumpkin Seeds are crunchy, addictive, spicy and a fun way to enjoy the Halloween Season.
Don’t Throw Away Your Pumpkin Seeds!
Have you carved your pumpkin for Halloween? Save the pumpkin seeds for a delicious roasted crunchy snack that your family is going to love.
Why you are going to love our Roasted Cajun Pumpkin Seeds recipe
You are going to love the simplicity of this recipe. This healthy snack is made with just a few ingredients and is very wallet friendly Pumpkin Seeds are gluten-free, dairy free, egg-free, vegan, diabetic friendly and cardiac friendly, if you use a salt substitute like Mrs. Dash.
We used just a little garlic powder, Cajun spice and salt to season the roasted pumpkin seeds but you could put any spices you like. If you like your roasted pumpkin seeds extra spicy, add a little cayenne pepper.
Tips for Making Crispy Baked Pumpkin Seeds
When you roast the pumpkin seeds it is important to cook at a lower temperature around 300 degrees F and also keep them laid out in a single layer so that they roast evenly. We like to toss and turn the roasted Cajun pumpkin seeds every 10-15 minutes so that they toast evenly.
Do Not Wash your Pumpkin Seeds
About the same time it takes you to carve your epic design on your pumpkin, your roasted Cajun seeds will be ready to eat. Do NOT wash your pumpkin seeds!!!! You only want to remove the big pieces of the pumpkin from your seeds as the little bit of pumpkin pulp on your pumpkin seeds makes it really flavorful.
Will you have trick or treaters this week?
We are ready! Candy-check. Scary music CD-check. Halloween outfit for the dog-check. Pumpkin carved-check. University of Michigan beat Michigan State in football check-check! Something cold to drink-check! Roasted Cajun Pumpkin Seeds hot and ready out of the oven-CHECK!
If you want to make a fresh pumpkin puree for all your fall recipes, be sure to check out The FoodieAffair’s Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Puree :Six Minute Method
Delicious way to enjoy pumpkin seeds
We know that you need a good giggle every now and then so just wanted to let you know that Buddy has his Halloween outfit sorted. Wishing you a safe and Happy Halloween!
More pumpkin recipes
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (Dairy-free and Sugar Free) – Sweetened with Date paste
Easy Roasted Pepitas – Delicious green seeds inside the pumpkin seeds
Roasted Cajun Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds from fresh LARGE pumpkin (DO NOT WASH SEEDS, just knock off the large pieces of pumpkin flesh)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cajun spice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste (if want to keep cardiac friendly exchange with Mrs. Dash salt alternative)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (148 degrees C). Line your baking pan with waxed/baking paper just so that clean up is a snap.
- When you are ready to carve your pumpkin, do not throw out the seeds. Instead just separate the big parts of pumpkin flesh from the seeds. Do not wash the pumpkin seeds as the little bit of pumpkin pulp on the seeds will add to the flavor.
- Place your pumpkin seeds in a bowl. Add the olive oil, Cajun spice, garlic powder and salt to taste and toss well. If you want to keep it cardiac friendly just exchange the salt with a little Mrs. Dash or salt alternative. If you want your seeds more spicy add a little bit of cayenne pepper.
- Place your seasoned pumpkin seeds on your baking sheet in a single layer. Do not overlap as you want the pumpkin seeds to get toasty on all sides. Bake for about 45 minutes or until your seeds are toasty brown on all sides. (VERY IMPORTANT- make sure that you turn and toss your pumpkin seeds every 10-15 minutes so they get toasty brown on all sides. Every oven cooks a little differently so keep and eye on them.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!