Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Ice Cream (Dairy free, Sugar Free, Vegan) is a 5-minute super easy guilt free recipe for soft serve “Nice” cream.
Why you are going to love Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Ice Cream
DESSERT to DIE FOR!
This Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Ice Cream is so healthy you could literally eat it for breakfast, as a matter of fact we did right after this photo shoot. We added absolutely nothing to sweeten it, we made our pecan butter from scratch without any added sugar or salt, frozen bananas, unsweetened cocoa powder and a wee bit of unsweetened coconut milk just to get it mixing. How simple is that?
How to make your own roasted pecan butter
Do you have a food processor? If you do what are you waiting for? You deserve this dreamy creamy dessert.
We made our own roasted pecan butter. Yes, we did. Super easy to do just add your stovetop or oven roasted pecan to a food processor and keep blending until smooth. You may also use all natural almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter or even macadamia nut butter in this Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Ice Cream. All are delicious. We just would need to rename the recipe and call it Chocolate Macadamia Butter Banana Ice Cream. Yum! The possibilities are endless.
More delicious cooling treat recipes for summertime
You can freeze this recipe for about 4 hours if you like your ice cream in scoop, but we love the soft serve melty ice-cream. Hey, have you tried our No churn Mango Swirl Ice Cream? We also used just the natural sweetness of mangos for this refreshing tropical dessert.
Today it is 96 degrees F (35 degrees C) in the shade. It almost feels Hong Kong hot. Trust us that is hot and doubly humid. The best way to cool off is a bowl of this delicious Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Ice Cream. It melts fast in this heat but it sure hits the spot. When it is scorching hot out we also love our Honey Cardamom Cantaloupe Sorbet as it is super refreshing, uses in season muskmelon and takes just a minute to whip together. Rainbow Fruit and Yogurt Layered Ice Cream is another favorite summertime dessert.
Please take extra good care during this hot weather, drink extra fluids, stay cool and out of the sun.You can also freeze this Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Ice Cream in popsicle or ice pop molds and freeze over night for a treat for the kids or the big kids (The Parents). You can also add just a little more unsweetened coconut milk and make a thick and rich smoothie.
Kick the sugar habit!
We added NO SUGAR and we mean NO SUGAR of any sort and that includes NO Stevia, NO Raw Honey, NO Dates, NO SUGAR ALTERNATIVES, just the natural sweetness of the ripe bananas. You simply do not need it. It is time to kick that sugar habit. Trust us after you stop eating sugar, you no longer crave it and you will miraculously start noticing the natural sweetness in vegetables and fruits.
Ok, the heat index is rising by the minute and our ice cream is melted so we are going to call it a wrap and eat the props.
Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Ice Cream
- 2 bananas
frozen and sliced
- 2 tbsp Pecan butter no added sugar or salt just finely ground pecans (can exchange with natural smooth almond butter or natural smooth peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk or just enough to allow the food processor to mix into a smooth thick consistency (can exchange with other non-dairy milk of choice)
Pecan Butter Homemade
- If you want to make your own homemade pecan butter… (if not, skip to the 3 rd step) just add 2 cup of raw pecans to a pan and toast for about 5 minutes until toasty brown and delicious nutty aroma develops. Be careful not to burn them, cook over medium heat. Remove pecans from pan and allow to completely cool.
- In a heavy-duty food processor, blend your cooled toasted pecans until smooth. You will have to periodically scrape down the side of the food processor. It took us about 8 minutes to achieve a creamy pecan butter. However, we did not too stop occasionally and allow the food processor a chance to cool down. If you have a powerful Vitamix mixer you could probably whip this out in 1-2 minutes. Makes 1 cup toasted pecan butter. Stove extra in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Ice Cream
- In a food processer, add frozen bananas, natural pecan butter (or natural nut butter of choice), cocoa powder and 1-2 tablespoons of coconut milk. Place the lid on the food processer.
- Blend the Chocolate Pecan Butter frozen Banana mixture until smooth and creamy. You will need to periodically stop your food processer and open the lid to push down the mixture from the sides to get it all incorporated.
- Serve as soft serve immediately or freeze for 4-6 hours for scoopable ice cream. Garnish with toasted crushed pecans and Enjoy!