No-Churn Dairy Free Mango Swirl Ice Cream is creamy, dreamy and the prefect way to cool off this summer. Only 3 little ingredients, 5 minutes to make and with no refined sugar.
Only 3 ingredients
Let’s get started! We are in full celebration of mango season. Super juicy sweet mangos are the perfect sweet ending to any meal. You are going to just love this recipe as it is gluten-free, dairy- free and vegan and the perfect dessert recipe. No-Churn Dairy Free Mango Swirl Ice Cream takes full advantage of the naturally perfectly ripe sweet mangos. You only need 3 ingredients.
PINCH OF SWEETENER of CHOICE
Our mangos were so sweet and delicious that they did not even need any additional sweeteners. We hope yours are just as sweet. Unlike other recipes that call for sweetened condensed milk that is just filled with processed sugar, our No-Churn Ice Cream uses the natural sweetness of ripe mangos.
Have you ever made Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream?
We whipped up a delicious coconut cream with our mixer to make our No-Churn Dairy Free Mango Swirl Ice Cream. Mangos and Coconut is like a match made in heaven. It has the flavor profile of a delicious Mango Sticky Rice or maybe even a Pina Colada. Creamy, rich and deliciously dairy-free and vegan. For all the chocolate lovers out there, make sure to check out our Vegan Chocolate Mousse made with coconut cream- only 2 ingredients and less than 15 minutes to make. In the warm summer months there is nothing like a refreshing as an Avocado Ice Candy or a Homemade Cream Earl Grey Bubble Tea to cool you down.
Do you know how to spot a perfectly ripe mango?
It is complicated as there are so many breeds of mangos. There are literally hundreds of different kinds. A mango should feel a little soft, not mushy and not firm. The mango should give just a little bit when you touch it gently. A mango should have a lovely sweet aroma near the stem area. Regarding color, a perfectly golden color is not always a sign of a ripe mango as it depends on the type of mango. Some mangos are golden when ripe, some are red and golden and some still may remain a little green in areas.
We go by feel and smell to determine if a mango is perfectly ripe. For this recipe, it is better for your mango to be a little over ripe than under ripe. The fun part of this “Nice” Cream recipe is to make a swirl in the ice cream with some of the mango puree.
How long to freeze your No-Churn Dairy Free Mango Swirl Ice Cream
We topped our No-Churn Dairy Free Mango Swirl Ice Cream with a little toasted unsweetened desiccated coconut for a tropical delight.
It takes about 4-5 hours to freeze your Ice Cream. If you leave your ice cream in the freezer overnight, you may need to set your Tupperware in a little warm water so that it softens a little or in the microwave for just a couple of seconds to soften slightly.
While we are writing up this recipe we have polished off the last of the No-Churn Dairy Free Mango Swirl Ice Cream. No fear! We will just whip up another batch. Follow along and in about 5 minutes you can have a delicious dessert waiting for you.
More Delicious Cool and Refreshing Summer Recipes
No-Churn Dairy Free Mango Swirl Ice Cream
- 12 oz Coconut cream
- 3 Mangoes
- 1 tsp Sugar alternative of choice 1-2 teaspoons or to taste. ( our mangoes were so ripe we only needed 1 teaspoon of stevia to make it perfectly sweet. Raw honey or Bee honey – vegan honey is also delicious)
- Blend coconut until stiff peaks. Set aside
- Slice the mangoes lengthwise and then with each half cut the mangoes just through the flesh into squares. Scoop out the mango flesh and puree until smooth. Taste the mango puree. If deliciously sweet there is no need to add any extra sweeteners. If your mango is not very sweet then add 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite sweetener of choice and puree.
- Add ¾ of the mango puree into the whipped coconut cream and fold in. If you don’t care about swirls you can place all of the mango puree in the whipped coconut cream at this time.
- Pour your No-Churn Dairy Free Mango Swirl Ice Cream into a freezer safe container with a lid. Freeze for 4-5 hours, scoop and enjoy. Garnish with toasted coconut if desired. (for a more creamier consistency stir about 2 hours into the freezing process and then put back in the freezer for another couple of hours until frozen.) Enjoy!