Banana Popsicles are a quick and easy summer frozen treat made simply with melted chocolate, frozen bananas and sprinkles.
Frozen bananas dipped in chocolate with sprinkles- A kids and adult dream come true.
Why you are going to love Banana Popsicles
Easy to Make
Kid Tested and Mother Approved
Anything with chocolate has to be good , right?
Good way to use up rip bananas
My youngest teenager has posted this message on his calendar to represent the first day back to middle school, “Death Begins”. I am maybe going out on a limb by saying this, but something makes me think he is not be looking forward to the homework assignments, tests, papers, etc. What do you think?
To help with the transition from summer to the school year, I have just the perfect recipe- “Banana Popsicles”. These fun little treats are perfect for after school snacks. They may actually help bring a little smile back to their faces while they work on their homework.
In season now here in Asia is the miniature Taiwan banana. They are so very sweet, cute and delicious and this was the inspiration for my recipe. However, if you cannot find the little miniature bananas just a regular sized banana cut in half will work just fine.
Fun Banana Popsicle Toppings
In addition, I also took some bananas and dipped them into vanilla yogurt, instead of chocolate and they taste like banana flavored ice cream. Yummy and accidentally healthy. The sky is the limit for determining what toppings you would like for your frozen dipped bananas. You may like to try crushed nuts, shaved coconut, chocolate chips, red hot candies, etc to top on your bananas.
More Fun Banana Recipes
- 4 bananas
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp sprinkles optional
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet or dish that can fit into your freezer
- Peel the mini banana, remove any any strings from banana and then cut your banana in half.
- Push the popsicle stick into the banana on the cut flat end.
- Freeze bananas on your parchment covered dish for about 1 hour so that they are easier to work with.
- Take your frozen banana out of freezer one at a time. Use spoon to pour over chocolate evenly on all sides of banana, then immediately move to the sprinkle station and sprinkle your toppings of choice and put immediately back to freezer on your parchment covered plate.
- Freeze bananas for about 3 hours. Serve to hungry grumpy kids or adults as an afternoon snack and let the smiles begin.