Honey Cardamom Cantaloupe Sorbet is a refreshing no-churn 5-minute cooling vegan shaved iced dessert made with melon, coconut milk, lemon, cardamom and a drizzle of honey (Bee Free Honee).
Why you are going to love Honey Cardamom Cantaloupe Sorbet
Ripe and in season cantaloupes, sometimes known as rockmelon or musk melon, are perfectly sweet and ready to eat. You are just going to love this Sorbet because it is the perfect way to cool down on warm summers day celebrating nature’s fruit candy.
The best part about making honey cardamom cantaloupe sorbet is that it only takes 5 minutes to make in the food processor and a few hours in the freezer and dessert is ready. This is a perfect make ahead dessert for any gathering.
Serve Your sorbet right in the Cantaloupe
Just use your fork to flake the cantaloupe sorbet into a little cup, ½ cantaloupe or martini glass or bowl and dessert is served. You are just going to love the texture of this sorbet as it is like delicious honey cardamom cantaloupe snowflakes on your tongue.
Our favorite part is when the snowflakes start to melt just a little bit and it is extra creamy, light and delicious.
We used coconut full fat milk instead of milk or cream to keep it dairy free but of course you could exchange with cream or milk if desired.
The addition of lemon and lemon zest really brightens this honey cardamom cantaloupe sorbet. With just a dusting of cardamom this lightly sweet cooling dessert really hits the spot. Perfect sweet ending to any meal.
Best Sweeteners to use in Cantaloupe sorbet
Honey cardamom cantaloupe sorbet is dairy free, vegan and can be modified to be diabetic friendly by switching out the honey for a sugar substitute of choice. We like our desserts only lightly sweet so feel free to add more honey to suit your taste buds. We used Bee Free Honey made out of apples to keep this dessert vegan but you can use your sweetener of choice. Bee Free Honey tastes just like regular honey and the same consistency of honey, which we really liked. Feel free to use regular honey if you are not sticking with a vegan diet. For this recipe, using a type of honey or maple syrup works best because it does not have sugar granules. If you use a granulated sugar, you will need to first make this into a little simple syrup before adding to the Honey Cardamom Cantaloupe Sorbet.
If you are so inclined, you could freeze your chopped cantaloupe and place your coconut milk in the refrigerator so that it reduces the time needed to freeze. Summertime needs refreshing quick and easy desserts.
More Delicious Summer Cooling Treats
Honey Cardamom Cantaloupe Sorbet
- 1/5 cups cantaloupe
(rockmelon, muskmelon) (chopped, rind removed)
- 12 oz full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp salt
just a small pinch
- 1/4 cup Honey (or Bee Free Honee Vegan Honey for Vegans) - adjust to your sweetness level. Add 1 Tablespoon more if you like it sweeter or if your cantaloupe is not as sweet.
- Place chopped cantaloupe, coconut milk, juice of lemon, lemon zest, cardamom, salt and honey (or Bee Free Honee Vegan Honey) into the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place your blended cantaloupe mixture into a freezer safe Tupperware or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove your honey cardamom cantaloupe sorbet from the freezer and place on counter for about 5- 10 minutes before serving.
- Use a fork to scrape the delicious honey cardamom cantaloupe sorbet snowflakes into a cup, dish, martini glass or even a half of a cored cantaloupe and enjoy.