Lemon Artichoke Chicken Pasta (AKA Chicks and Chokes) is a delicious Italian dish made with grilled chicken (Chicks), fettuccine pasta and artichokes (Chokes) tossed with a light and tangy sauce. Less than 30 minute Meal!
Chicks and Chokes is one pan wonder dish that is hearty for those hungry family members but is also an elegant weekend meal for guests. This dish has a light and tangy sauce made from a reduction of white wine, lemons, capers, garlic, chicken broth and creamy butter. Yum- what could be better than those flavors dancing on your tongue?
Pantry dinners for busy weeknights
There is nothing worse than coming home from work realizing that you really have zero plans for dinner. Are your kids are starving and need car rides for their after-school activities? Do you have limited time but want something nutritious for your family? Look no further as a couple of pantry items such as canned artichokes, egg noodles, garlic, butter, wine, Parmesan and lemons and you are seventy percent there. All you need is a little chicken and you have a quick and easy meal that you can get on your table in under 30 minutes. If you are looking for more quick and easy meals, be sure to check out our less than 30-minute meals category.
Noodles Without Borders comes to Italy
Welcome to another fun and delicious episode of Noodles Without Borders. All That’s Jas and Healthy World Cuisine bring to you a noodle recipe from around the world ever 1st Tuesday of the month. Today, we are visiting Italy with a simple but tasty Lemon Artichoke Chicken Pasta. Be sure to hop on over to All That’s Jas as she has made this delicious Swiss Alpine Skillet Mac and Cheese that is to die for. We are cordially invited to participate in the Noodle Loving fun. Be sure to tag your Instagram noodle photos with #noodleswithoutborders and tag @hwcmagazine and @allthatsjas to be featured in our stories. We love seeing what you are cooking up in your kitchen. If you missed any of our noodle without borders posts, be sure to check them out.
It’s all about the NOODLES
Slurping delicate Fettuccine pasta is heavenly. After just one bite of perfect aldente fettuccine pasta noodles tossed in a lemony, briny, artichoke butter sauce and you might just fall in love. We used Creamette Homestyle Fettuccine for this recipe and only cooked them until firm aldente as the noodles cook a little longer in the sauce. Do you like to make homemade noodles? Our Home Tagliatelle Pasta with Zucchini Blossoms is one you will want to try this summer.
Lemon Artichoke Chicken Pasta made with Quality Ingredients
Have you ever noticed that Italian cuisine is made with just a handful of quality ingredients? Italian Cuisine is all about letting the ingredients speak for themselves. We love Mie Radici’s extra virgin olive oils and Sicilian Spice Blend. Just a little drizzle of EVOO and a dash of spice blend transforms your dish from just okay to awesome. We have these 2 products sitting right next to the stove top as they are an integral part of our every day cooking. Check out the step by step process below for this easy less than 30 minute meal.
Recipe Exchanges and Substitutions for Chicks and Chokes
Fresh squeezed lemons are always best but feel free to use prepared lemon juice in the container if you need to.
Parmesan is the king of cheese and sorry there is no substitution for this. Don’t even bother using that stuff in the container. You might as well just leave it off.
A good dry white wine you would drink is preferred. However, you can use cooking sherry as an exchange.
If you are vegan, hold the chicken and you can use nutritional yeast as a replacement for Parmesan. Add extra spring/summer vegetables like asparagus and zucchini.
If you are gluten sensitive, be sure to use gluten-free noodles and cook them just until firm aldente as they will cook a little longer in the pan with the lemon artichoke wine sauce.
Artichokes in the bottle or can are easy as all you need to do is make sure they are quartered and add them to the recipe. You can use either plain or marinated artichokes. The marinated artichokes are little more flavorful. You can also use frozen quartered artichokes. If you are feeling ambitious, you may also use fresh steamed and cleaned artichokes. Be sure to check out our Mom's Best Italian Stuffed Artichokes for a delicious appetizer or side any time of the day.
More Delicious Noodle Recipes
Camote Bihon (Sweet Potato Noodles)
Beef Noodles with Spicy XO Sauce
Sesame Ahi Tuna with Chili Lime Noodles
Farfalle Aglio e Olio with Breadcrumbs
Hungry For More? Subscribe to our Newsletter and follow along on Facebook, You Tube, Instagram, and Pinterest for all the latest updates.
Lemon Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts
boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half length wise
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (we used Mie Radici's Nocellara Organic Reserve EVOO)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
peeled and minced
- 6 oz marinated artichokes quartered
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
(we used Mie Radici's Sicilian spice Blend)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon butter
or dairy free margarine if lactose issues
- 4 tablespoon parsley
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated - optional
- Place chicken breasts in a sealable plastic bag and pound flat
- In bag marinate chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika and salt and pepper for about 30 mins
- Make sure your pasta water is well salted. Boil water and salt in a large pan and cook dried fettuccine pasta per directions about 5-6 minutes or until FIRM al dente, drain and set aside. Toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking. (You want your pasta to be a little firmer than aldente as your noodles will cook again when tossed with the sauce)
- Grill or pan sear chicken for about 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and set aside and keep warm.
- In a large pan (or in the same pan you cooked your chicken in) add oil and garlic and saute until aromatic, add wine, chicken broth, artichokes, capers, salt and pepper, juice of a lemon and butter for about 5 minutes or until the alcohol has had a chance to cook off and set aside- keep warm
- Add your cooked fettuccine pasta to the prepared artichoke sauce and add parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Slice your cooked chicken and add to the pasta and toss.
- Place Lemon Artichoke Chicken Pasta mixture in a large serving platter and top with and lots of parmesan cheese. Drizzle a little extra EVOO and lemon juice on top and Enjoy!
Healthy World Cuisine says
Dear JK Mom,
Thanks so much for your comment. Do you have any recipe requests? Please let me know. BAM
YUM! Why can't my mom cook such delicious thing? (JK mom)