Better than Store Bought Red Pepper Hummus is a delicious savory, slightly spicy creamy garbanzo (chickpea) dip.
You are going to just love this red pepper hummus as it is kicked up with a little cayenne pepper and the perfect snack with vegetable sticks or part of a Middle Eastern Feast.
Stay Tuned to HWC Magazine (Healthy World Cuisine) as over the next several posts you are going to learn how to make everything you need to make this delicious vegan Middle Eastern Party Feast. Check out this spread! We have made falafel, Traditional Baba Ghanoush, red pepper hummus, Easy Tabbouleh Salad , Middle Eastern Rice and lentils, roasted vegetables, fresh vegetables, pita breads and pickled vegetables.
Is Red Pepper Hummus Good For You?
Not only is Better than Store Bought Red Pepper Hummus a fantastic snack but also it is gluten-free, vegan and super creamy delicious. If you are going to have a snack, have one that is filled with protein and vitamins. We love to have red pepper hummus available in the refrigerator with freshly cut vegetables to help us keep to our healthy objectives.
Have you ever noticed how lazy we all are? If we have to clean, cut up and chop up something just to have a snack, are your kids actually going to do that? Are you going to do that when the bag of chips is so much easier to grab? Probably not…
Maybe a few minutes of work to pre-chop up veggies and 5 minutes to make this delicious red pepper hummus but think of it as the right healthy choice. Just think! In just a few short weeks in is going to be bikini/swim trunk season? I think you will be happy you grabbed this healthy Better than Store Bought red pepper hummus and veggies instead of those deep fried potato chips.
More Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes
Better than Store Bought Red Pepper Hummus
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers
We used canned roasted peppers.
- 15 oz chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
juice from one large lemon
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- cayenne pepper (optional)
(just a pinch- optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or water
to help loosen up the hummus.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for serving (optional)
- Place roasted red peppers, chick peas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne and salt to taste and blend until smooth. If you find your hummus is too dry you can add an additional 2 tablespoons of water or olive oil to loosen it up.
- Place your red pepper hummus in a flat bowl and make a well with the back of your spoon. Drizzle olive oil over the red pepper hummus.