Do you want to learn how to roast sweet mini peppers the quick and easy way? Caramelized sweet and delicious mini peppers are a perfect treat all on their own, layered on top some Tuscan bread or in your favorite pasta dish.
Deliciously sweet mini peppers are rich with a drizzle of olive oil, garlicky and aromatic with the fresh chiffonade of basil. We love cooking Italian dishes as they are simple, made with love and have only a few ingredients. We are a firm believer that when you have a quality food product very little additions are needed.
You are going to want to learn how to roast mini sweet peppers as they are gluten-free, vegan and a rocking delicious snack.
Our absolute favorite way to eat these delicious roasted sweet mini peppers is straight off the baking sheet in the kitchen…just be careful to not burn yourself…lol Seriously, you need to adhere to this warning. These little guys are so good that your hungry crew will demolish them before you have a chance to move them to a serving plate. Hence a double roasted sweet mini pepper recipe is highly recommended.
Our second favorite ways to enjoy roasted sweet mini peppers is just simply inside some good Tuscan bread. The charred ends of the peppers, the rich olive oil, sweet peppers, garlic and fresh basil and crusty Tuscan bread is just what you need to sink your teeth into it.
Our third most favorite way to enjoy roasted sweet mini peppers, is a delicious knock your socks off Mini Sweet Roasted Pepper Basil Pasta. You can have it ready in less than 30 minutes and uses just a handful of ingredients.
If you have your own bell pepper plants in your garden, you already know the longer sweet bell peppers stay on the plant, the more sweet they become and the greater their Vitamin C content. It is prime time to harvest the sweet mini or bell peppers before the frost.
Have you ever noticed that the bell peppers start out green and then change to warmer colors such as yellow, orange and red as they ripen?
My late dad…the farmer, used to tell me that all peppers start out green and some turn the beautiful fall colors as they ripen but it depends on the variety of pepper. Have you ever noticed how green peppers have a little more bite and are less sweet? It can because it is an un-ripened red bell pepper or it may be a mature green, just depends on the breed. There are also purple, striated colors..the list goes on and on.
However, just found these gorgeous Sunset One Sweet Peppers in the market. Super sweet and delicious. Perfect for snacking, in salads or roasted in this quick recipe on how to roast sweet mini peppers. You can also make this recipe with regular sweet bell peppers but just chop into slices to cook quicker and have more areas to get that delicious caramelization.
If you like sweet bell peppers, you may also like these recipes…
How to Roast Sweet Mini Peppers
- 16 oz mini peppers sweet mini bell peppers (we used Sunset One Sweet Peppers , red, yellow and orange) and sliced in half and removed seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
peeled and minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp basil fresh- chiffonade (roll up and slice thinly)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C)
- Place the peppers on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste and toss well. Lay the peppers with the inside of the peppers facing up.
- Bake peppers for about 15 minutes (depending on the size of your sweet mini peppers, if using regular bell peppers it will take longer as they are thicker). Flip sweet mini peppers over with the caramelized outside facing up and then bake for another 5 minutes, until the edges and golden and the peppers are fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with Tuscan bread or your favorite dishes.