Roasted Crunchy Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas) are an addictive cajun spiced snack perfect for school and work lunches, mid-day snacks or as a topping to a delicious salad.
Why you are going to love our Roasted Crunchy Garbanzo Beans
- dairy-free and gluten-free
- healthy snack
- delicious as a topping to soups and salads
- high in protein
Holiday Overeating Recovery Plan
Is everyone feeling quite guilty after over indulgence on Thanksgiving day? Did you have to unbuckle your trousers and workout twice as long on the treadmill this morning? Are you feeling sluggish? We have all been there, done that!
So today, maybe we should start to eat a little healthier. I know you have a lot of turkey leftovers in the fridge so what about a mixed greens salad with turkey. BORING! So lets add some crunch and flavor to that dish by adding a nice lemon Dijon vinaigrette, crunchy vibrant vegetables and finally topped off with some yummy roasted crunchy garbanzo beans.
What kinds of spices to put on your roasted garbanzo beans (chickpeas)?
Roasted Crunchy Garbanzo Beans are super crunchy and delicious. You can add Cajun spices, sea salt, or even Indian spices to suite your liking.
Garbanzo beans are also known as chickpeas and are high in protein and fiber. In addition these surprisingly crunchy and tasty garbanzo beans make a great take along snack for work or school. We all have that weak moment around 3pm when you need a little pick me up and this is great snack to get you through until dinner time. Also, these roasted garbanzo beans are a great alternative to croutons when you need something crunchy in your salad.
This time of the year can be hectic with the extra strain of holidays, so be good to yourself and your family and try to sneak in some healthy alternatives once in a while. Roasted crunchy garbanzo beans are super easy to make and can be stored for later use. I definitely suggest you double the recipe as these little roasted garbanzo beans go fast. In addition they are a great appetizer to serve to those unexpected guests that come and go during the holiday season.
Delicious Crunchy Healthy Snacks
Roasted Crunchy Garbanzo Beans
- 15.5 oz garbanzo beans
(chickpeas) canned , rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- ½ tsp paprika dried ground
- ½ tsp garlic powder dried ground
- ½ tsp onion powder dried ground
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or to desired heat level- optional
- ¼ tsp oregano dried
- Pre heat the oven to 204 degrees C (400 degrees F)
- Wash and remove all the little skins from the garbanzo beans. (I know this seems like tedious work, but doing this step is what gives your garbanzo beans that crunch. Otherwise moisture can be trapped inside the skin and then they steam instead of bake)
- Lay out your garbanzo beans on a towel and dry. (Making sure that they are good and dry is also another insurance for crunchy garbanzo beans)
- In a bowl add your garbanzo beans, olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and oregano and toss until well coated.
- Spray your baking sheet with a little cooking spray and lay out the garbanzo beans flat and spread on the baking sheet.
- Pop the garbanzo beans in the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes until golden brown and crispy. (Every 10-15 minutes give the garbanzo beans a little stir so they bake evenly on all sides)
- Enjoy roasted crunchy garbanzo beans as a tasty snack or as a topping to a salad.