Antipasto Platter for a Crowd makes for the perfect entertaining board for any gathering. Red pepper and sun dried tomato pesto with toasted crostini and a mixture of cheeses and olives and cured meats.
Why you are going to love this Antipasto Platter for a Crowd
This platter is a low fuss easy charcuterie board. You can add any cheese, cured meats, olives, marinated vegetables, crackers, breads you desire. However, the star of this Antipasto platter is the red pepper and sun dried tomato pesto. You are going to love it on toasted crostini and if any left over it is fantastic in pasta.
Bottomless food platter for a crowd
I think my teenage boys must have hallow legs. Where else can they be putting all of that food?
I always think I am making enough for the family but then when we sit down to eat it just evaporates within nanoseconds. I have learned the hard way to never bring out food to the boys without first taking off my portion before I bring it out to the table.
Make sure you get extra olives and bread to replenish your Antipasto Platter for a Crowd as these treats go fast!
Did you know that my youngest teenage has grown over 12 inches in less than a year ? He needs to eat continuously to support that growth spurt.
I always know when my boys start to get hungry as they start to prowl in the kitchen, opening cupboards and refrigerator foraging for food. I feel like they are stalking me like a pack of wild hungry dogs in the kitchen.
With that in mind, I decided to build a large Antipasto Platter for a Crowd to hold off the hungry pack of wolves. Packed with yummy hearty foods to keep them out of my kitchen sanctuary. Garlic bread with roasted pepper basil with sun-dried tomato and garlic wine sauce, feta and basil stuffed Prosciutto wraps, olives, marinated artichokes, pepperoni, fresh vine ripened tomatoes and basil and a large spinach salad on the side.
Weekends are always busy as you know running from one activity to the other and when you finally land at home you want something easy and fun to eat with little prep, fuss and cooking time. I hope you enjoy this lovely Antipasto Platter for a Crowd.
More Easy Appetizer Ideas
Antipasto Platter for a Crowd
- 1 loaf crusty bread cut on an angle
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- ¼ cup Onion chopped
- 4 oz roasted red peppers in oil
- 2 oz tomato paste
- ¾ cup red wine
- 4 sun dried tomatoes in oil
- ¼ cup basil ¼ cup fresh or 1 teaspoon dried
- ¼ teaspoon dried chili flakes optional
- marinated olives artichokes pepperoni/salami/parma cheeses fresh tomato, basil Feta and Basil Stuffed Prosciutto WrapsRoasted Pepper Basil with Sun Dried Tomato in a Garlic Wine Sauce with garlic bread. Whatever your little heart desires
- In a pan put in olive oil, onions and garlic and saute until aromatic.
- Put in pan tomato paste and vino let cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Put the roasted peppers and the sun-dried tomatoes into a blender and mix until smooth
- Put the roasted pepper and sun-dried tomato puree into the wine sauce. Add salt, pepper, sugar, basil and chili flakes to taste. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes until flavors have a chance to mingle.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Brush each bread slice with olive oil and then take a garlic that has been cut in half and rub into oil
- Bake the garlic bread for about 10 minutes or until nice and golden brown
- Serve garlic bread toasts with Roasted Pepper Basil with Sun Dried Tomato in a Garlic Wine Sauce on your anti pasto platter and enjoy.
- Place your red pepper sun dried tomato pesto on a board in a bowl. Set your toasted garlic crostini on the platter along with your marinated artichokes, olives, cheeses and whatever your little heart desires. Enjoy!