Mini Holiday Mediterranean Brie En Croute is a super easy appetizer with melty Brie cheese topped with olives, roasted red peppers and sun dried tomatoes wrapped up in a crispy puff pastry.
Are you looking for a last-minute appetizer so easy that even your kids can make?
These mini holiday Mediterranean Brie En Croute are perfect hot out of the oven. A fun little appetizer to be served with a side of crackers and a little glass red wine or bubbly (or a little sparkling apple cider for the kids). With your first bite of the flaky and buttery crisp crust and the creamy brie with the mediterranean flavors of the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers will have your guests fighting for the last piece.
As a matter of fact, these little appetizers are so good I was only able to photograph the Brie and olive version. The holiday Mediterranean Brie En Croute with olives, sun-dried tomatoes and sweet roasted red peppers must have been abducted by aliens or maybe gremlins (or maybe hungry scavenging teenagers more likely) before I could even catch a photo.
Your guest will think that you have slaved in the kitchen for hours. Shhh.. I won’t tell a soul but they can be made in flash and with very minimal prep or cleanup. I am still down to 9 fingers here in the kitchen due to a slight mandolin mishap and these little appetizers fit the bill.
Mini Holiday Mediterranean Brie En Croute Are Fun to Make
Spoon Olive mixture on top of brie. We made 2 as we were entertaining a crew but our favorite had olives, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers with a dash of basil and garlic powder.
Take two edges of the puff pastry and close and squeeze. Take the other 2 edges of the puff pasty together and squeeze. Twist the ends to seal well. (You could also make cute little designs like leafs, fruits, or even little swans on the side of the En Croute but since we are down to 9 fingers due to a mandolin mishap, the simpler the better.)
Step 8: Brush the Holiday Mediterranean En Croute with egg and bake in over for about 20 minutes until the crust in flaky and golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for about 15 minutes before serving.
Serve Holiday Mediterranean En Croute with crackers and a glass of bubbly and enjoy.
More Appetizer Recipes
Mini Holiday Mediterranean Brie En Croute
- 6 oz brie cheese
- 1/4 cup olives
pitted, we used kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes
in oil and chopped
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough cut to size
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder Preheat oven to 400 F or 204 C.
- 1/4 tsp basil dried
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 F or 204 C.
- Take the puff pastry out of the freezer to unthaw for about 10 to 30 minutes or microwave with a towel for about 1 minute to soften
- Roll out your puff pastry slightly. Cut puff pastry in about a 12 x 12 inch square. Your goal is to make your puff pastry just big enough to fit around the puff pastry and tie at the top.
- Place your puff pasty dough on a lightly pre-greased baking sheet. Lay the wheel of brie on top of the puff pastry.
- Roughly chop your olives, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers (Alternatively if you are working with 9 fingers or less your can put them in the blender and let them do a quick one second blend to roughly chop.) Add a dash of garlic powder and dried basil and mix. (If time permitted ,roasted garlic and caramelized onions would be great to add as well.)
- Spoon Olive mixture on top of brie.
- Take two edges of the puff pastry and close and squeeze. Take the other 2 edges of the puff pasty together and squeeze. Twist the ends to seal well.
- Brush the Holiday Mediterranean En Croute with egg and bake in over for about 20 minutes until the crust in flaky and golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve Holiday Mediterranean En Croute with crackers and a glass of bubbly and enjoy.