5 Ingredients + 5 Minutes = Italian Caprese Salad is deliciously fresh and hearty salad made with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil with a delicious balsamic vinaigrette.
Quick get the TV remote. (check)
Quick get the Super Bowl channel on. (Check)
Quick grab the potato chips, popcorn, and cookies from the cupboard. The game is going to start in 5 minutes…
Wait just one minute! Have you guys forgotten so quickly? What about that New Years resolution? It is not even February and your get into shape resolution plans are foiled? Why?
Have no fear here is a 5 ingredient 5 minute special to a very yummy and healthy appetizer that will keep on track for those New Year resolutions and not let you miss one moment of that game.
Simple Quality Ingredients make the Best Salads
Italian cooking is based on the methodology of using a handful of good quality ingredients makes for extra delicious food. When you have only five ingredients in a recipe, grab the best ingredients you can find. We love using extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar for our Italian Caprese Salads.
Fresh mozzarella balls, heirloom tomatoes and garden fresh basil make the perfect addition. The best time of the year to make this salad is in the summer when you can get these items fresh from the market.
There is nothing better than a little fresh ground black pepper to make this recipe sing.
5 Ingredients + 5 Minutes = Italian Caprese Salad is a low carb snack or salad
This quick and easy 5 Ingredients + 5 Minutes = Italian Caprese Salad is just what you need to keep you feeling full but on top of your game. It is low carb and gluten-free and made with only 5 ingredients. What is not to love?
More Salad Recipes
5 Ingredients + 5 Minutes = Italian Caprese Salad
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (fresh)
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 large tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut mozzarella and tomatoes into thin slices. Arrange and alternate a slice of mozzarella cheese, then a tomato slice and then a basil leaf until it forms a circle. Continue with remaining mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top, salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Enjoy!