Spicy Chocolate Chai Pu-erh Chia Pudding is healthy way to start your day. This easy breakfast pudding is made with Spicy Chocolate Chai Organic Pu-erh Tea, coconut milk and chia seeds. Delicious make ahead breakfast to caffeinate and fuel your day!
Make Ahead Healthy Breakfast
These chia puddings are a super easy way to get your week day rushed mornings back under control. All you need to do is steep the Spicy Chocolate Chai Organic Pu-erh Tea, in your favorite non-dairy warmed milk, add a dash of vanilla, maple syrup, stir in the chia seeds the night before and refrigerate.
In the morning, you will wake up to the perfect fall breakfast pudding treat. We just love all of the Fraser Tea products. All of their teas are organic and they have some really delicious unique tea blends. We are currently addicted to their healthy high anti-oxidant matcha green teas to add to our smoothies!
What is Pu-erh Tea?
Pu-erh (puer) tea is a delicious healthy tea that can either be fermented or aged naturally. Good Naturally fermented tea has an earthy woody taste. Actually, the taste is affected by the age of the tea, the time of the steep, the height of the pour, the cup and pot it is served in and where the tea leaves were harvested from.
A good pu-erh tea is like wine in many ways. The older the tea, the better the brew. We have spent many days with tea experts in China and also attended many tea conventions. If we shared with you all these details you would be overwhelmed. So for now, Pu-erh has 60-70 mg of caffeine for fermented tea and for green unfermented pu-erh it is 30-40mg of caffeine.
Spicy Chocolate Chai Pu-erh Chia Pudding is almost like eating dessert for breakfast, but it is healthy. Pu-erh tea has numerous health benefits. Pu-erh tea (cha) is high in antioxidants, helps reduce cholesterol, aids in weight loss and is warming. We just love Fraser Tea products as they create custom handcrafted organic tea blends right here in Michigan and deliver them fresh to you.
Spicy Chocolate Chai Organic Pu-erh tea is perfectly delicious in the autumn/winter seasons with its warming spices, chocolate aroma and smooth finish. This tea works perfectly in this chia seed pudding. It also has the benefit of a little caffeine to start your eye-opening morning.
You are just going to love Chocolate Chai Pu-erh Chia Pudding as it is so easy to make with only 5 ingredients, super creamy, mouth happy texture and you can add your own special toppings. Chocolate Chai Pu-erh Chia Pudding is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
We tested this recipe with many kinds of non-dairy milk products such as almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk and hands down coconut milk was our favorite. Coconut and chai go together lovely. We used the coconut milk in the boxes, the drinkable version. However, we also tested it with pure unsweetened coconut milk in a can (Thai Kitchen Brand) and it was delicious but very rich so thin it out with a little almond milk or water.
You can top your Spicy Chocolate Chai Pu-erh Chia Pudding with anything your heart desires but we whipped up Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream , a little cocoa powder and toasted unsweetened coconut for a little crunch. Cocoa nips, fresh fruit and even a little coconut yogurt would be super delicious as toppings.
Ratio of Non-dairy Milk to Chia Seeds
The ratio for non-dairy milk to chia seeds is 1 cup non-dairy milk to ¼ cup chia seeds. After you add your Spicy Chocolate Chai Puer Tea to the chia seeds, you will put it in the refrigerator in a covered container. After a couple of hours, your Spicy Chocolate Chai Pu-erh Chia Pudding will already start to thicken up because the chia seeds will start to plump up. However, the best texture is waiting until the morning to eat or at several hours later when the chia pudding is cold and set.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are a superfood. They are high in antioxidants, fiber, minerals and have been proven help help combat diabetes. Chia seeds are a lovely way to sneak in a little added nutrition into a breakfast treat.
More Delicious Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes
Did You Like Our Recipe? Leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating and/or a review in the comments section below. Your feedback is always appreciated! Follow us for more delicious recipes on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook! Don't forget to sign up for our email list for more free recipes.
Spicy Chocolate Chai Pu-erh Chia Pudding
- 2 cup Coconut milk
in a carton – (we used So Delicious unsweetened brand or use any dairy alternative you like such as almond milk, soya milk or even real coconut milk in a can (however note that this is richer than the drinkable coconut milk, creamier)
- 4 sachets Spicy Chocolate Chai Organic Pu-erh Tea
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 teaspoon Maple syrup (or sweetener of choice) – adjust for your level of sweetness.
- ½ cup Chia seeds
- Garnishes as desired-(coconut whipped cream, sprinkle of Dutch unsweetened cocoa powder, toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, fruit, yogurt, cocoa nips or whatever your little heart desires.) optional
- In a small saucepan heat coconut milk, vanilla and maple syrup for 3 minutes over medium high heat just until gently scalded. Do not boil and be careful to not let it boil over!
- Remove the heated coconut or dairy-free milk mixture from the heat and place in the spicy chocolate chair organic pu-her tea bags with the paper hanging over the edges and let steep for 10 minutes and then cool slightly. Add the chia seeds and stir well. Place your Spicy Chocolate Chai Pu-erh Chia Pudding in sealable containers and place in the refrigerator overnight when cool to the touch.
- Garnish as desired with coconut whipping cream, unsweetened cocoa powder and toasted unsweetened coconut flakes or whatever your little heart desires. You may even like to drizzle a little maple syrup or honey (if you are not vegan) on top just before serving. Enjoy!