Easy Coconut Iced Chai Tea Latte is a refreshing creamy lightly sweetened beverage to brighten up those dog days of summer. Dairy free, refined sugar free and is made with only 3 ingredients.
Why you are going to love this Easy Coconut Iced Chai Tea Latte…
- Little caffeine boost to get you through the afternoon slump
- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- Creamy, spicy and refreshing
- Easy to make as we used Fraser Tea Masala Chai Organic Black Tea sachets
- Chai Tea Latte can be made iced or hot
- Easy to make
- Only 3 ingredients
- Healthier – no refined sugar
- Dairy free/ vegan
- Refined sugar free as we used date paste to sweeten
3 easy ingredients
Fraser Tea Masala Chai Organic Black Tea is delicious blend of Black Tea, Cinnamon, Ginger Root, Pepper, Cardamom, Fennel and Cloves. This blend is perfectly balanced to give those spicy notes that make this tea a nice complement to coconut milk.
Of course, you can make your own homemade chai tea blend at home but using the Fraser Tea sachets made this recipe so much more convenient. You can have it ready in less than 10 minutes vs making your own chai tea from scratch which can take up to 20 minutes. You can have your delicious Easy Coconut Iced Chai Tea ready in half the time.
Coconut milk gives your Easy Coconut Iced Chai Tea Latte just the right creaminess and added flavor to make you feel like you are sitting on the beach. We used Arroy – D or Thai Kitchen brand coconut milk as this gives you the perfect mouth feel. Please don’t use the low fat or off brand coconut milks as the results are not optimal as they use other filler ingredients. Coconut cream is a little too thick for mouth feel and coconut milk in the jug for drinking is too thin. However, coconut milk in the can is just right. If you like the idea of dairy free milk tea, you are going to love our Homemade Cream Earl Grey Bubble Tea.
If you want to use milk, we suggest replacing the coconut milk with half and half as this provides the creamy texture you are looking for. We are not big fans of coffee mate as they have all kinds of things in them that we should not be consuming every day.
What? Date Paste? Yes, you heard us. Date paste is a delicious natural sweetener that provides all the sweetness but added iron, fiber and have a lower glycemic index compared to refined granulated sugar. In addition, it gives this delicious Easy Coconut Iced Chai Tea Latte a complex and balanced flavor that makes it completely addictive.
We make our own date paste by soaking dried Medjool pitted dates or red dates in hot water for about 15 minutes. Drain the dates and then place in the food processor with just a little water the dates were soaking in. Then, blend into a lovely paste. We keep scraping down the sides of the food processor. It takes a little patience, but it is so worth it.
You can also buy date paste or date syrup made with only 100 percent dates at the market or health food stores. We use date paste in a ratio replacement of 1:1 where you would use sugar. If you like date paste, you may also like our Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (Dairy-free and refined sugar free) made with date paste and a delicious treat with your Easy Coconut Iced Chai Chai Tea Latte.
Feel free to use your sugar substitute of choice to make your delicious Easy Coconut Iced Chai Tea Latte just the way you like it.
Step by Step
1) Steep your Masala Chai Tea
2) Thin your date paste with 1-2 teaspoons of hot tea water and add to your steeped Masala Chai Tea. Allow your tea to cool.
3) Pour your sweetened Masala into 4 glasses with ice.
4) Pour ¼ of your coconut milk into each glass on top of your date sweetened Masala Chai Tea.
5) Stir and enjoy!
You can enjoy Chai Tea Latte cold or hot
Mother Nature has been in quite moody lately. We have not had to water our herb garden since we planted it because we have had so much rain. On these cold, wet and damp days, your body needs a warm cup of delicious. To enjoy your Masala Chai Tea latte hot, just hold the ice and drink it hot and add your coconut milk. If you want to get all fancy you can exchange the coconut milk for coconut cream and whip it up and add a dollop on top. A little dash of ground cinnamon on top and you are in heaven.
You may want to drink your Chai Tea Latte hot if you have a weakened predisposition. Do you remember our post, “Feed Your Spleen: Nourish Your Body”? In traditional Chinese Medicine, it is believed that eating cold foods and fluids causes stress to your body as your body has to warm up the foods and fluids first before it can uptake any of the nourishment. If your body is already weak, then your body has to work even harder to extract nutrients and it causes the body to further weaken.
Homemade Masala Chai Tea
You can make your own homemade Masala Chai Tea with black tea and spices. In a sauce pan add…
2 cups of water
6 black tea bags or 4 tablespoons loose tea in a mesh tea ball
2 cinnamon sticks
1 inch fresh ginger root, sliced
5 cracked cardamom pods
4 whole cloves
2 whole star anise
5 white pepper corns
Allow mixture to simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until aromatic. This tea mixture is strong. Allow to cool. From this point, you will add your coconut milk, date paste or sweetener of choice and ice. If you plan to drink your masala chai latte hot, hold the ice and do not let the mixture cool.
Summer Time Refreshments
If you are looking for some fun ways to stay cool this summer be sure to give these cold beverages a try…
On those rainy days, you may enjoy these warmed beverages...
What's your favorite way to stay cool in the summer?
Easy Coconut Iced Chai Tea Latte
- Steep your 6 sachets of Masala Chai Organic Black Tea for 5 minutes in 195 degree to 205 degree water. (Don’t worry about your tea being too strong as you are going to add date paste and coconut milk and ice and that is going to reduce the strength of the tea.) Remove the sachets. Place your date paste in a small bowl and add a little of the hot water to thin out and add date paste to your steeped Masala Chai Organic Black Tea and mix. Allow your tea mixture to cool. (If you want your tea to chill faster, put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes)
- Add ice cubes to 4 glasses, add ½ cup Masala Chai Organic Black Tea sweetened with date paste or sweetener of choice. Add about 3.4 ounces or ¼ of the canned coconut milk on top of each glass of Masala Chai Organic Black Tea sweetened with date paste. Enjoy!