Chargrilled Halloumi Prosciutto Wrapped Nectarines and Balsamic Glaze appetizers are topped with a grilled prosciutto wrapped nectarine and drizzled with a balsamic reduction glaze.
Why you are going to love Chargrilled Halloumi Prosciutto Wrapped Nectarines and Balsamic Glaze Appetizers
Oh yeah! This is one appetizer that has it all going on; sweet, savory, chewy, and a deliciously sticky sweet and sour glaze. Seriously delicious and all ready in less than 30 minutes. This little appetizer is happily gluten-free.
Do you think it has a long enough name... Chargrilled Halloumi Prosciutto Wrapped Nectarines and Balsamic Glaze!!??!!! Yeah, I know I could not think am way of shortening it unless you just call it, "The Perfect Appetizer".
It sounds and tastes like something you would get in one of those really fancy 3 Michelin Star restaurants. However, they would only put one of them on your plate, charge you $20 USD/ $160 HKD and you would still be hungry.
I really cannot decide if I would like this as an appetizer or as an ending to a meal. You know how I do not like my desserts too sweet and this would be a fun cheese and fruit platter at the end of the meal too. If you love the idea of grilled nectarines, you are going to love our Grilled Nectarines with Coconut Cream for dessert.
It is the season to grill and entertain. Chargrilled Halloumi Prosciutto Wrapped Nectarines and Balsamic Glaze bites are perfect way to spread the love with family and friends who come to gather. I think a glass of Pinot Grigio or sparkling white wine would pair nicely.
Stone fruits are in their glory now and in peak season. Peaches, plums and nectarines are plentiful and so sweet. A perfect way to celebrate in the in season bounty is with this little delicious bite.
Easy Appetizer Idea for Entertaining
If you do not have a grill or BBQ, don't worry as you can easily make this on a grill pan or even just in a pan on the top of the stove. I used nectarines, as my family prefers them to their furry skinned cousin, the peach. However, you could use either.
Just on a side note, you can prepare the balsamic glaze, slice the halloumi cheese and prepare and wrap your nectarines with prosciutto and then just grill and plate when your guests arrive. This appetizer is best served hot off the grill. However, if you are busy taking photos and fussing with the lighting and dealing with your kids , these appetizers can be easily microwaved for just a few seconds as they taste best hot.
This recipe makes more balsamic glaze reduction than what you will need for this recipe. You can thank me later as this balsamic glaze is delicious over a caprese salad, grilled salmon or even over ice-cream with strawberries.
More Fun Appetizer Recipes you can Make on the Grill
Chargrilled Halloumi Prosciutto Wrapped Nectarines and Balsamic Glaze
Balsamic Reduction Glaze (yields ~⅓ cup)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
It makes extra so you can use with other recipes.
- 1 tbsp honey
(or low glycemic sugar such as coconut sugar, maple syrup or even without if diabetic)
Chargrilled Halloumi Prosciutto Wrapped Nectarines
- 8 oz Halloumi cheese
- 1 whole nectarines pit removed and sliced into 8 slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices prosciutto cut lengthwise and then again in half (each slice cut into 4 long slices)
- In a small sauce pan add the balsamic vinegar and honey cook to a boil and then turn down to low-medium heat until reduced to half or a little less than half, and occasionally stir. You will want to ventilate your home ( as the vinegar can be quite strong) and keep an eye on the pan so it does not burn. The goal is for the balsamic glaze to coat the back of the spoon (about 15 minutes). The glaze will thicken as it cools slightly as well. Set aside.
- Slice the halloumi cheese in about ¼ inch slices. Cut the nectarines into 8 slices per each. Toss the nectarines and halloumi cheese the into olive oil to coat.
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto lengthwise then again in half horizontally. Wrap each nectarine with ¼ slice of the prosciutto.
- Grill the olive oil coated halloumi cheese and prosciutto wrapped nectarines for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the halloumi cheese has nice grill marks and the prosciutto wrapped nectarine is slightly golden brown. Do not over cook. Do not take your eyes off the grill as they cook fast.
- Drizzle Chargrilled Halloumi Prosciutto Wrapped Nectarines with a drizzle of the balsamic reduction glaze and enjoy!