Healthy Vegan Matcha Pancakes are super fluffy, gluten free, high in anti-oxidant matcha (green tea) and topped with coconut whipped cream and berries.
You are going to want to jump out of bed on the mornings that Healthy Vegan Matcha Pancakes are being served. Healthy Vegan Matcha Pancakes piled high on a plate will bring a smile to anyone’s face. Decadent and dreamy with a large dollop of coconut whipped cream and your favorite toppings. You are just going to love that deep earthy and grassy notes of the matcha with the delicately sweet pancakes.
Boost of Antioxidants
Get your full day of anti-oxidants in one delicious breakfast bite! Matcha is made by finely stone ground into a powder the actual green tea leaves that have been grown with a little extra care and shade during the couple of weeks before harvest. Get your kick of caffeine, boost your metabolism, protect your heart from disease, keep cancer away and take a moment to enjoy the calm relaxation matcha moment.
We don’t know about you but we have spring fever. We are way done with this whole thing called winter with arctic temperatures, snow and freezing rain. Time to think positive warm thoughts. There is nothing more warm and heartfelt on Valentine’s Day then a plate piled high with Pancakes.
If you make your special someone a delicious breakfast in bed with Healthy Vegan Matcha Pancakes, be prepared for the love coming back at you. Just look at how sexy these pancakes are!!! Ok, so pancakes are not sexy but you certainly will be with a smile on your face and a stack of pancakes on your plate.
Favorite Healthy Vegan Matcha Pancakes Toppings
The toppings for Pancakes are endless. Matcha is delicious with berries, chocolate and creamy toppings. We also love pancakes plain or with just a little drizzle of maple syrup. You decide! This is your special day to treat yourself or someone special.
We used Fraser Tea Vanilla Matcha Organic Green Tea for this recipe. However, they also have a raspberry, blueberry, mango and mango peach matcha that would be lovely as well. We love their matcha products in smoothies and chia puddings. If you have matcha already in your pantry use whatever brand you prefer.
If you have not guessed this by now, we are huge matcha lovers. If you are looking for more delicious ways to incorporate anti-oxidants in your life be sure to check out our other recipes…
Healthy Vegan Matcha Pancakes
- 1.5 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp Vanilla Matcha Organic Green Tea
by Fraser Tea
- **Xanthum gum is not required but if your gluten free flour blend has it, it is okay.
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 10 oz almond milk
(or dairy of choice)
- Whipped coconut cream optional
- Berries optional
- Maple syrup optional
- In a small bowl add the ground flax seeds and water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add all your dry ingredients (gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, salt and matcha) to a bowl and mix. Add your prepared ground flax seed and water mixture to the dry ingredients and then add your almond milk to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork to get rid of any lumps. Set aside.
- In a skillet or griddle, add a little spray oil or little coconut oil and heat to “medium low” heat. Use a ladle to pour the pancake mix onto the griddle. Cook on side 1 for about 2-3 minutes or until the bubbles stop forming and turn over and cook for another 1 minute on the other side until golden. Remove from the pan and repeat with the rest of the vegan matcha pancake batter.
- Makes about 8-9 medium sized pancakes
- Top with your favorites like lightly sweetened whipped coconut cream and berries.