Healthy Vegan Matcha Pancakes are super fluffy, gluten free, high in anti-oxidant matcha (green tea) and topped with coconut whipped cream and berries.
What's to Love
You are going to want to jump out of bed on the mornings that Healthy Vegan Matcha Pancakes are being served. Matcha Pancakes piled high on a plate will bring a smile to anyone’s face. Just like our Strawberry Banana Pancakes, these are vegan. In addition, these fluffy pancakes are gluten-free and can be on your breakfast table in 25 minutes.
Decadent and dreamy with a large dollop of coconut whipped cream and your favorite toppings. You are just going to love that deep earthy and grassy notes of the matcha with the delicately sweet pancakes.
- gluten free flour blend
- baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Matcha Green Tea powder
- chia seeds
- almond milk or non-dairy of choice
Boost of Antioxidants
Get your full day of anti-oxidants in one delicious breakfast bite! The green tea leaves have been grown in shade during the last couple of weeks before harvest making the color bright green with increased antioxidants. Matcha is then finely stone ground into a powder making it the perfect addition to recipes like our Baked Matcha Lemon Glazed Donuts or Chocolate Matcha Chia Seed Pudding.
Benefits of Matcha
- Get your kick of caffeine
- Boost your metabolism
- Protect your heart from disease
- Keep cancer away
- Enjoy the calm relaxation matcha moment.
Step By Step
- Make your vegan eggs by mixing the chia seed with water.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (Gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and matcha powder)
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients (Chia seed and water solution, non-dairy)
- Heat up the griddle with a non-dairy butter, coconut oil or oil of choice over medium heat and place a ladle of batter on the griddle or pan.
- After the bubbles have slowed down from forming on the pancake flip to the other side. Repeat process.
Green Tea Pancakes
If you make your special someone a delicious breakfast in bed with Healthy Matcha Pancakes, be prepared for the love coming back at you. Just look at how sexy these green tea pancakes are!!! Ok, so pancakes are not sexy but you certainly will be with a smile on your face and a stack of pancakes on your plate.
Favorite Pancakes Toppings
The toppings for Pancakes are endless. Matcha is delicious with berries, chocolate and creamy toppings. We also love pancakes plain or with just a little drizzle of maple syrup. You decide! This is your special day to treat yourself or someone special.
How to Store
Of course, matcha pancakes are delicious hot off the griddle. However you can also make them and refrigerate them in a covered container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
If we freeze them, we like to put a piece of waxed or parchment paper between the pancakes so they do not stick. Then, we place them in a freezer safe bag in the freezer. You can microwave them for just 20 to 30 seconds at a time to warm and they are ready to eat.
More Matcha Recipes
We used Fraser Tea Vanilla Matcha Organic Green Tea for this recipe. However, they also have a raspberry, blueberry, mango and mango peach matcha that would be lovely as well. We love their matcha products in smoothies and Chocolate Matcha Chia Seed Pudding.
If you have not guessed this by now, we are huge matcha lovers. Looking for more delicious ways to incorporate anti-oxidants in your life? You may like to try our other matcha recipes...
Did You Like Our Recipe? Leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating and/or a review in the comments section below. Your feedback is always appreciated! Follow us for more delicious recipes on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook! Don't forget to sign up for our email list for more free recipes.
Healthy Vegan Matcha Pancakes
- 1.5 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoon Vanilla Matcha Organic Green Tea
by Fraser Tea
- **Xanthum gum is not required but if your gluten free flour blend has it, it is okay.
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 3 tablespoon water
- 10 oz almond milk
(or dairy of choice)
- Whipped coconut cream optional
- Berries optional
- Maple syrup optional
- In a small bowl add the ground flax seeds and water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add all your dry ingredients (gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, salt and matcha) to a bowl and mix. Add your prepared ground flax seed and water mixture to the dry ingredients and then add your almond milk to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork to get rid of any lumps. Set aside.
- In a skillet or griddle, add a little spray oil or little coconut oil and heat to “medium low” heat. Use a ladle to pour the pancake mix onto the griddle. Cook on side 1 for about 2-3 minutes or until the bubbles stop forming and turn over and cook for another 1 minute on the other side until golden. Remove from the pan and repeat with the rest of the vegan matcha pancake batter.
- Makes about 8-9 medium sized pancakes
- Top with your favorites like lightly sweetened whipped coconut cream and berries.