It's nectarine season! Celebrate with our Grilled Shrimp Nectarine Summer Salad. This light and refreshing main salad is the best way to enjoy the grilling and stone fruit season. Don't forget that delicious drizzle of citrus strawberry dressing!
Why it Works
Grilling nectarines makes them extra sweet - just like in our Grilled Nectarines with Coconut Cream Dessert and our Chargrilled Halloumi Nectarine appetizer. Rocket (also known as arugula) adds a little peppery note. The perfectly grilled shrimp are just fun to pop in your mouth. However, the best part is simple citrus strawberry dressing. Don't forget some toasted almonds or Chinese noodles for that bit of crunch.
How is your summer going? It is going FAST so let’s make the most of it by making all of our summer grilling and chilling recipes. We love grilling outdoors so we can keep the whole “Mess Thing” outdoors. However, if Mother Nature is not cooperating you can also bring the party indoors and use a grill pan.
30 Minute Dinner
Seriously, this Salad takes only about 30 minutes or less. We did not even have the shrimp thawed yet before we started the dish. Grilled Shrimp Nectarine Summer Salad is a great dish for when you have absolutely ZERO idea of what you are going to make for dinner. Been there! Done that!
Woah! Mother Nature went from brisk to hot and steamy overnight. It is these kinds of days a lighter and brighter meal really hits the spot.
For us, it is all about texture and different flavor notes.
- A must have in our salads something you can really sink your teeth into like toasted nuts, or toasty toppings.
- Toasted almonds, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds or easy roasted pepitas seeds all work well here.
- If you have kiddos in the group, they all seem to love the crispy fried Chinese noodles.
Use what you have around.
- Grilled shrimp, grilled chicken and grilled halloumi cheese are all lovely in this recipe.
- Swap Grilled peaches for grilled nectarines.
- Exchange blueberries or raspberries for strawberries.
- Change out leaf lettuce for the romaine and rocket (arugula).
Citrus Strawberry Vinaigrette
This Grilled Shrimp Nectarine Summer Salad is perfectly just lightly dressed with a light citrus strawberry vinaigrette. You could also use a strawberry poppy seed dressing, Framboise Osmanthus Rose Vinaigrette or a Lemon White Balsamic Vinaigrette. Whatever your little heart desires.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
Did You Like Our Recipe? Leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating and/or a review in the comments section below. Your feedback is always appreciated! Follow us for more delicious recipes on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook! Don't forget to sign up for our email list for more free recipes.
Grilled Shrimp Nectarine Summer Salad
Citrus Strawberry Dressing
- 1 Shallot minced
- ½ cup champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup Olive oil
- 3 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon Honey
or sugar alternative of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Grilled Shrimp Nectarine Summer Salad
- 1.5 pounds Shrimp
large shells removed, heads removed and veins removed
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 3 Nectarines
washed and sliced, remove pit- keep skin on
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups Rocket
- 1 cup Strawberries washed and sliced
- toasted nuts of choice or Chinese Fried Noodles or other crunchy toppings as desired (optional)
- Preheat grill or BBQ.
- Make citrus strawberry vinaigrette – in a food processor or blender add shallots, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, 3-4 strawberries, honey or sugar alternative and salt and pepper of choice. Set aside. Makes about 1 cup of dressing so you will have extra.
- In a bowl or individual plates add the romaine lettuce, rocket (arugula) and strawberries.
- Toss thawed shrimp in olive oil, salt and pepper (or Mrs. Dash) and garlic powder and place on grill (or stove top grill pan) for about 2 minutes each side until no longer translucent and pink . Remove from grill and set aside.
- Spray nectarines with a little oil or brush with a little olive oil so they do not stick on the grill. Grill nectarines for about 1-2 minutes on each side, just until you get nice grill marks. Remove from grill.
- Place grilled shrimp and grilled nectarines on top of salad with strawberries. Drizzle with a little lemon strawberry vinaigrette and top with a few Chinese fried noodles or toasted almonds if desired. Enjoy!