Vegan Fruit Salad with Strawberry Rose Dressing is like taking a refreshing bite of summer with fresh in season berries, melons, stone fruits, avocado, crunchy sunflower seeds and a dreamy zippy strawberry rose dressing.
We love this salad as it super refreshing and it has “GIRLY” written all over it! Bright pink fruit salad dressing, colorful salad and floral aroma are just some of those girly traits. However, guys you are going to love it too. Serve it at your next shower, BBQ, brunch as it really hits the spot on these super-hot dog days of summer.
Greens with Fruits
Do you ever have the dilemma if you should make a fruit salad or a savory tossed salad? You can have the best of both worlds with this refreshing Vegan Fruit Salad with Strawberry Rose Dressing. There is no rule on what can and what cannot be in salad. As a matter of fact, check out our Healthy Summer Salads with Fruit round up post for unique ideas to try at your next warm weather gathering.
We choose seasonal fruits and a mixed power greens for a diverse salad. The best part is you can mix and match whatever fruits and greens your little heart desires. If you like a fruity salad packed with protein, you may also enjoy our Quinoa Fruit Salad.
Zippy Strawberry Rose Dressing
Don't you love the sound of that? This salad dressing has it all going on. We pureed super sweet fresh strawberries, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, ginger and rose water until rich and creamy and dreamy. A little sweet from the fresh strawberries, peppy from the apple cider vinegar and ginger and a little aromatic from the rose water.
Summer Party Dish to Pass
This salad is going to be the star of the BBQ, graduation parties, baby and wedding showers or just any excuse to gather with family and friends. It also makes a great tablescape. Who needs decorations when you can decorate your table with food!
Heathy and Happy
You can feel good about eating this fruity salad as it is filled with healthy greens, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and fiber from the fruit, and gut friendly apple cider vinegar. In addition, this healthy salad is gluten-free and dairy free. If you would like to add a little protein to this salad, you can grill a little tofu or add in a few Crunchy Roasted Garbanzo Beans.
Rose water is an amazing addition to your kitchen and health routine. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed. In addition, if you place a drop or 2 on your pillow at night or in your Lemon Rose Cardamom cheesecake Mousse, you will have much sweeter dreams and helps you achieve a more restful sleep.
We are going to be up in the 90’s F (mid 30's C) again this weekend. Who the heck wants to cook? Not us! You will not have to turn on any burners, BBQ’s or anything that generates heat. The only appliance that is needed is a food processor.
Since you have the food processor out, our delicious Strawberries with Cream Cheese Filling, Chocolate Pecan Butter Banana Ice Cream, or our Matcha Banana Strawberry Ice Cream Cup would be a perfect sweet ending to this light and lovely vegan fruit salad.
- Toast any seeds or nuts before serving
- You can make this vegan salad up to 24 hours in advance but wait to assemble until ready to serve. In addition, hold off on slicing the avocado until just before serving.
- Keep fresh fruit looking fresh with a little drizzle of citrus to prevent oxidation.
- Strawberry rose dressing will last for 3 days in the refrigerator if stored in a sealed container.
- If you don't want to keep this vegan, add in grilled chicken or a few Firecracker Grilled Shrimp.
- You can exchange with any fruits that are in season.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
We have been on a huge salad kick lately. How about you? Last week we enjoyed our Vietnamese Shrimp Vermicelli Salad . This week we made our super easy crab salad for lunches. If you enjoy the combination of fruits and greens in your salad, you are going to love our Tutti Fruitti Kale Salad and Citrus Honey Dressing.
Check out our Salad Recipes category for more recipe inspiration.
Did You Like Our Recipe? Leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating and/or a review in the comments section below. Your feedback is always appreciated! Follow us for more delicious recipes on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook! Don't forget to sign up for our email list for more free recipes.
Vegan Fruit Salad with Strawberry Rose Dressing
- food processor
Strawberry Rose Dressing
- 1 cup Strawberries
(washed green tops removed (perfectly ripe and sweet)
- ⅓ cup Olive oil
- 3 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 inch Ginger
knob peeled and grated (fresh) if using dried ground ginger reduce to ½ teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey if you do not need to keep vegan
- 1 teaspoon Rose water
(you can add more up to 1 tablespoon but found that this is an individual preference) – start out with just a few drops and increase to your desired effect.
- 4 cups Power Greens
mix of baby kale, spinach, and chard (or any mix of greens of your choice)
- 1 cup Strawberries hulled and cut in half
- 1 Nectarine large sliced – pit removed (drizzle a little fresh lemon over slices to prevent oxidation)
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice just to prevent the nectarine and avocado from oxidizing
- ¼ Cantaloupe
whole small rind removed and sliced
- 1 Avocado large sliced (and toss it lemon juice to prevent oxidation)
- ⅓ cup Sunflower seeds toasted optional
Make the Strawberry Rose Dressing
- In a food processor add strawberries, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, fresh ginger, salt and maple syrup if desired. Add Rose water start out with just a few drops and then increase as desired up to 1 tablespoon depending on desired level. It is a very individual preference. We used only 1 teaspoon of rose water. It just depends on how floral you like your dressing. Blend well until very creamy and dreamy. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired (salt, maple, or rose water) additions.
Assemble your Summer Salad
- Add your power greens to a large salad serving bowl, top with strawberries, nectarines, cantaloupe, avocado and sunflower seeds. (Don’t forget to toss your avocado and nectarine slices in lemon juice to prevent oxidation).
- Drizzle your dreamy creamy strawberry rose dressing over your vegan fruit salad and enjoy!