Easy Peasy Baked Apples is a delicately sweet dessert filled with aromatic cinnamon and anise and topped cinnamon whipped coconut cream.
Unexpected guests? No problem. In just 30 minutes flat you can have this Asian Inspired baked apple dessert hot out of the oven with a hot cuppa in no time flat and with just a handful of ingredients.
You are just going to love Easy Peasy Baked Apples as they are slightly sweet, fragrant and with a slight aldente texture that has a fun mouth feel. We love eating baked apples hot out of the oven but they are also delicious at room temperature or even the next day if you want to make these ahead. If you add a little dollop of Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream it starts to melt and create this cozy autumn dessert you will not want to miss.
Apples are in season and plentiful and so naturally sweet and delicious. We were bequeathed with a ½ bushel of mixed gala, honey crisp and green apples from a very special someone. A very special thank you!!!
Do you have these items in your pantry? Go check…we will wait while you go look. Do you have fresh apples, cinnamon, star anise of 5 spiced powder, butter and a little lemon juice or orange juice and sugar or sugar alternative of choice? Just 6 little ingredients… you can’t go wrong. Baking Apples is going to fill your house with the delicious scents of autumn.
There is no need to peel your apples or even remove the stem. We do not even own an apple corer so we just used a teaspoon to remove the seeds and core. We happened to have whole spices of cinnamon and anise so we melted a little butter and infused our spices before drizzling them on our prepared apples before sending them to the oven. However, if all you have are ground spices it is even easier as you just melt your butter and drizzle on top of your prepared apples add a sweetener of choice, a little dusting of cinnamon and 5 spiced powder or ground anise seed and you are good to go.
Easy Peasy Baked Apples are delicious hot out of the oven plain but extra delicious if you like a little coconut cream or whipped cream. We whipped in a little cinnamon and sugar alternative for a special treat topping.
We are getting ready for an Asian Fusion Inspired Holiday Dinner… so please make sure you check out our Roasted Turmeric Spiced Turkey Breast and our Garlicky Sesame Stir Fried Green Beans side dish and for dessert you have our delicious Easy Peasy Baked Apples with Asian spices for a happy ending to any holiday meal. All of these Asian Fusion holiday recipes are a little lighter and a little healthier than the usual holiday fare.
Easy Peasy Baked Apples are happily gluten-free. If you are looking for another delicious gluten-free holiday side dish, be sure to try our French Canadian Meat Dressing Recipe.
Easy Peasy Baked Apples
- 6 Apples washed, cut in half and core removed (we used a mix of gala, honey crisp and green apples- use whatever you enjoy eating)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon (to prevent your apples from browning or oxidizing)
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Sugar or alternative of choice- ¼ to 1/3 cup sugar or sugar alternative depending on how sweet you like it. (brown sugar would be nice but if watching carbs then use a sugar alternative)
- 2 twills Cinnamon or 1 tsp ground
- 3 whole Anise seed or 1 teaspoon ground 5 spiced powder
- 4 tbsp Coconut whipped cream as a garnish (optional) - or regular whipped cream or a dollop of yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F or 162 F Celsius
- As soon as your apples in half and core them, sprinkle them with a little lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
- Place your prepared apples in a baking dish either a 9 x11 pan or large oven safe pan.
- If using whole spices, in a sauce pan on top of the stove simmer your butter and whole spices for 5 minutes over low medium heat or until butter is aromatic. Then Pour the spiced butter and the whole spices over your prepared apples and sprinkle with sugar or sugar alternative.
- If using ground spices, pour your melted butter over your prepared apples, dust with sugar or sugar alternative and sprinkle with ground cinnamon and ground 5 spiced powder.
- Bake apples for 25 to 30 minutes or until just fork tender. Do not overcook as it is nice for them to be slightly aldente.
- Top with coconut cream whipped topping or topping of choice, dust with a little ground cinnamon. Enjoy!