Tranquil Lemon Ginger Tea is the perfect delicious detox tea to help balance your digestive system, boost your immunity and help relieve stress. (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Clean Eating)
A steamy cup of tranquil lemon ginger tea will warm your heart, your hands and delight your senses. The lemon aroma is calming and relaxing. The zip of ginger is warming.
New Year and a Healthy New Routine
Do you drink lemon water every day first thing to flush out and detox your system? Drinking homemade tranquil lemon ginger tea is even better. We like to drink this tea any time of the day but in the morning is a great time to rehydrate and flush out all the toxins your liver has been processing whilst you are sleeping. Are you feeling like you may have overindulged over the holidays? Let's reset the clock and start fresh.
Are you a Coffee or Black Tea Addict?
Take a wild guess. How many cups of coffee do you think I drink a day?
One? Two? Three? Four? a whole pot?
The answer is... Way too many! I am sure this holds true for many of us.
Personally, coffee is a much-needed requirement. You really do not want to cross my path in the morning before I have had a least one cup, maybe two. My husband has nicknamed me the lovingly, the "BEAR". He says I even growl.....ArrryyyHHH.
Everyone has to have their fix and doing this within reason actually has some health benefits. However, when you start consuming greater than 2- 3 cups a day, it can have negative effects on your cardiac health and it makes you feel jittery.
However, sipping on a little tranquil lemon ginger tea rests your mind, warms your heart and aims to nourish your soul.
10 Top Reasons to Enjoy this Tranquil Lemon Ginger Tea Recipe
- Natural Remedy for the cold and flu. Lemon helps moisten your airways. Ginger helps soothe sore throats and coughs. If you add honey to your tea, it helps with sore throat pain and cough too.
- Helps boost your immunity with an extra dose of vitamin C.
- Ginger helps your gut! Ginger has an antispasmodic properties and this may help with common discomforts like nausea, Irritable bowel symptoms and just getting your gut back into gear. Morning sickness may be relieved. Tranquil Lemon Ginger tea can be sipped either hot or cold depending on what makes your nausea feel better. On a side note, ginger helps you stay regular too.
- Healthy weight management. Some studies have shown that consuming ginger can enhance calorie burn and reduce feelings of hunger.
- Helps lower blood sugar levels. According to studies, ginger can be an effective addition to your diabetes treatment if you use it in moderation. It may help lower your blood sugar levels and regulate insulin production.
- Supports healthy Spleen qi in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Ginger is a warming spice. If your body is of cold constitution, then adding ginger to your diet can help warm it up and get your digestive system running smoothly. Drinking and eating cold foods and drinks can really cause problems with your gut. Your body has to work twice as hard to warm it up to utilize that fuel. If your body is already weak, then it has lost all it's reserves and this is when you start to feel sick. Adding warming foods and spices can help bring your body back to balance. As you know your gut is your engine. If you provide regular maintenance to your engine, it runs well. If you do not do the basic maintenance, you will start to have engine trouble. To learn more about Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), please check out our Feed Your Spleen; Nourish Your Body Post.
- Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory. Some studies have shown that the medicinal property of gingerol have helped reduce join pain and discomfort.
- Fresh Lemon and Ginger are 2 ingredients you can pretty much find everywhere in the world.
- Great way to cut back on your caffeine intake. As this tea infusion is decaffeinated, you can enjoy any time of the day.
- Tranquil Lemon and Ginger Tea is a calming tea. The infusion of lemon and ginger essence are mood lifting.
Pre-existing Conditions to Consider
If you are always warm, sweaty, flushed and have a heaty disposition, then you may want to skip or reduce the ginger. Ginger is warming. You may want to balance the heat and cooling effects.
A delicious substitution for ginger is chrysanthemum, Osmanthus flowers or even green tea. It is always best to contact your physician regarding any new diet changes. You need to make sure that this works well with any pre-existing conditions or medications you may be taking.
No Fancy Tea Equipment Required
You do not need a tea kettle to brew and infuse the lemon and ginger. You can go ahead and boil your water in a small cooking pot and add your ingredients and just let steep for about 10-15 minutes with a lid on. Do not boil lemon as it can make it bitter, just steep. We love nourishing teas (or "cha" as it is called in China). Have you had a chance to try our warming nourishing Goji Berry and Red Dates Herbal Tea ?
Tranquil Lemon Ginger Tea Recipe
- 2 inch ginger root
knob (fresh) peeled and chopped into 4-5 slices
- ½ lemon fresh- cut into wedges
- boiled water
- honey to taste - optional
- Boil water for tea.
- Place ginger and lemon slices in tea-pot and cover with hot water and let steep for about 10- 15 minutes.
- Pour your tranquil lemon ginger tea into tea cups and serve with a little drizzle of honey if desired. ( If you happen to be feeling under the weather, honey is very therapeutic for coughs and colds)
- You can keep adding more hot water to your ginger and lemon tea-pot and steep as desired. Depending on how fresh your ginger is, you may be able to steep up to 3-4 times and still have a lovely flavor and aroma.
- Relax and feel the heart warming effects of the Tranquil Lemon Ginger Tea.