Mushroom Chicken with Brandy Sauce is made with tender chicken and button mushroom pan seared and then cooked with a light and aromatic brandy sauce and topped with fresh herbs.
Romantic Dinner for two in under 30 Minutes
You are just going to love this mushroom chicken with a decadent brandy sauce because it is low-carb, gluten free, dairy-free, easy to make and is the perfect romantic dinner. You have to love that! You feel like you are eating something really naughty as it is so delicious but the good news is that you are not...
Are you in a chicken cooking rut?
How many times do you just look at the chicken in the refrigerator and cannot think of something new to make with it? It happens to me all the time. Sometimes I just stare in the refrigerator hoping the "old girl" (my refrigerator) will give me a sign... she was speechless. I just could not make another Asian dish as the hubby has just spent the week in China and I am sure he would not want to look at another stir fried dish for some time to come...
Have you ever met Karista from Karista's Kitchen? I call her my "Sauce Guru"... She can do amazing things with sauces that bring just plain old chicken dishes from plain and boring to oh my goodness I want second and third helpings. I consulted the guru and found this delicious little recipe from the archives... Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters with a Brandy Butter Sauce. Totally brilliant recipe! I did not have chicken legs but I did have chicken tenderloins and I can't have real butter as we need to be lactose-friendly in our household. I scurried into the kitchen to start cooking.
Mushroom Chicken with Brandy Sauce for the win
You can have this delicious Mushroom Chicken with Brandy Sauce on your table in less than 30 minutes and that included a veggie side, tossed salad and I even poured myself and glass of wine while I was cooking.
The brandy takes this dish to a whole new level. The most important thing to remember when adding alcohol to a hot pan is to remove the pan from the burner while adding the brandy. Unless you are looking for a quick way to manicure your eyebrows, BE CAREFUL!
I love mushrooms. When I was a little kid, having mushrooms in the house was a very special treat. I think my mom and dad only purchased the little 8 ounce packages but even at 6 years old I could eat the whole dish of gently sautéed mushrooms myself. I am older now so I share better...However if you have mushrooms lovers in your family, you might want to get more for this dish as your family will be fighting over them. I used button mushroom as this is what I had in my refrigerator but please feel free to use the mushrooms of your choice as all would be tasty in this dish.
I think you are really going to love this dish at it has a velvety smooth sauce, tender chicken, savory mushrooms and a dusting of fresh herbs from my herb garden that make this a perfect quick week day meal or even for a special gathering.
More Delicious Recipes with Chicken Tenderloins
Thai Grilled Chicken Tenderloins with a Zesty Dipping Sauce
Creamy Chipotle Chicken Skillet
Rosemary chicken with Sautéed Onion Wine Sauce
Feta Baked Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Hungry For More? Subscribe to our Newsletter and follow along on Facebook, You Tube, Instagram, and Pinterest for all the latest updates.
Mushroom Chicken with Brandy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic
peeled and minced
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon butter
(I used lactose free margarine)
- flat parsley optional to garnish (only because I did not have fresh thyme on hand)
- Take your chicken tenderloins and put them into a sealable plastic bag and pound until flattened to about ½ inch to help with even cooking. Dry well. Season both sides with salt and pepper, paprika and thyme. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add your olive oil and fry up chopped onions and fry until translucent. Add garlic to the pan. Move the onions to the edges of the pan and add your sliced mushrooms and season with salt and pepper and cook until slightly golden. (You may need to add more oil at this point as mushrooms always absorb anything in the pan).
- Step 3: Add your seasoned chicken tenderloins to the pan and cook on both sides until golden brown about 2 minutes each side. Remove the pan from the burner (heat) and add the brandy and then put pan back on the burner on a low medium heat and stir the bottom of the pan to loosen all of those delicious brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken broth and turn the heat on to a low simmer and let the chicken cook for about 6-8 minutes and/or the sauce reduces to about ½ and/or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Add the cornstarch to the water to make a cornstarch slurry, stir. Slowly add a little of the corn starch slurry( at little a time) while whisking the brandy gravy just until it coats the back of the spoon. You may not need all of the cornstarch slurry mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning. Remove the mushroom chicken with Brandy sauce from the heat source and add the butter (or butter alternative) and stir until mixed well.
- Garnish with parsley or fresh thyme and enjoy!
Im always looking for ways to jazz up chicken
HWC Magazine says
We know exactly how you feel. We hope our mushroom chicken with brandy sauce makes you fall in love with chicken again.
I made this one for the second time last night. I must have really nailed it, because my wife's dish looked like it just came out of the dishwasher when she was done. It was delicious!! Thanks again for making us look good in the kitchen!
Healthy World Cuisine says
Hello Jim! I am delighted to hear that your family enjoyed the mushroom chicken and brandy sauce. You have to love the simplicity of this dish. Wishing you and your wife a super weekend! Take Care
Another good recipe Bam! Very tasty! I made this for dinner last night and my wife was a happy camper. Your Spanish Meatballs are still one of my favorites.
Healthy World Cuisine says
Dear Jim, I am delighted to hear that your family like the recipe and the Spanish meatballs. Don't you love how quick and easy this meal comes together. Wishing you a super weekend! Take Care, BAM
Michelle @ Vitamin Sunshine says
Looks delicious! I love chicken marsala, but haven't find marsala wine in Asia. I will have to try brandy!
Marcela (tortadellafiglia) says
wow! This is the kind of meal I'd love to eat! so good!