Parmesan Herb Crusted Beef Cutlet with a savory red pepper pesto is a low carb dinner that can be made in under 30 minutes.
You are just going to love that crispy crunchy crust and delicate herb flavored beef with the fresh and vibrant red pepper pesto sauce.
We have prepared our parmesan herb crusted beef cutlets with a little egg wash and dusted with a little ground pork rinds, parmesan cheese, herbs and a little almond flour. We pan fried in a little olive oil and topped with a quick and easy red pepper pesto for a quick, healthy and delicious meal.
Parmesan Herb Crusted Beef Cutlet is a Delicious Low Carb Recipe
Getting back into the swing of things after the holidays can be difficult. You need a handful of easy meals to get you started. In between taking down all the holiday decorations and catching up with work e-mails you somehow still need to get dinner on the table. We know many of you may have the New Year goal to get back into shape and to eat healthier. We want to help you do that. However, we want your meals taste fantastic so you can stick to these goals and not feel deprived. Our Parmesan Herb Crusted Beef Cutlet is quick, easy, low carb and is perfect for meeting your lower carb goals.
Healthy World Cuisine (HWC) Magazine is built on the concept of eating clean while feeling like you are on a spa destination in another country. Today, our parmesan herb crusted beef cutlet is taking you to Italy but WITHOUT the carbs or the cost of a plane ticket!
Best Beef cuts to make Parmesan Herb Crusted Beef Cutlet
You could certainly make this recipe with very thin cuts of chicken, pork or even eggplant instead of beef. We used grass fed beef thin boneless trimmed beef sirloin cutlets pounded with a meat tenderizer for this recipe. You may also use beef tenderloin if you wish. The top three priorities for making the best Parmesan Herb Crusted Beef Cutlet are 1) Choosing a tender cut of beef, thin sliced and pounded flat 2) Lots of seasoning and herbs 3) panfry for a crispy delectable crust.
Red Pepper Pesto
Our red pepper pesto is made super easy with jarred roasted red peppers (of course you can roast your own over the stovetop), garlic, basil, walnuts and a little olive oil in the food processor. In less than 5 minutes, you are sorted. Walnuts are a super food as they have cancer fighting abilities, are high in anti-oxidants, vascular benefits from those with heart disease, help with weight control as they are higher in the good fats that make you feel fuller longer, help with brain health and improve metabolic processes in those with type 2 diabetes. However, last but not least walnuts are about a tenth of the cost of pine nuts.
We have found if you set up a FORD assembly line to egg, dust and pan fry your beef, this works out the best. We only used a little olive oil in the pan to fry but it was super crispy.
We have many low carb less than 30 minute meals on Healthy World Cuisine. Head on over for a little inspiration.
A few Low Carb Side Dishes to inspire you...
Parmesan Herb Crusted Beef Cutlet
Red Pepper Pesto
- ½ cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Roasted red peppers
(we used jarred red peppers to save time but you can also roast your own red peppers directly on the stove until charred on all sides and then cover, peel, and remove seeds)
- 1 clove Garlic
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup Basil
fresh or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Water
as needed to make your pesto a nice smooth consistency for your red pepper pesto.
- 2 cups pork rinds
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
dash to your desired heat level- optional
- 16 oz boneless trimmed beef sirloin cutlets
4 (approximately 3-4-oz) 1⁄4" thick and pounded flat with a meat pounder or like we did in a sealed baggie with a rolling pin.
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Make the red pepper pesto- In a food processor, walnuts and pulse until fine. Then add roasted red peppers, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese and water as needed until a smooth consistency. Set aside
- Make a breading station- Set up bowl with beaten egg. On a large plate mix ground pork rinds, parmesan cheese, almond flour, Italian seasoning and a dash of red chili pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Season trimmed beef sirloins with salt and pepper on both sides. Dip the beef cutlets in the egg wash and then coat with season pork rind mixture on both sides. Pat and remove excess breading.
- Heat up olive oil in a large frying pan and fry beef for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy. Add more oil if needed.
- Serve parmesan herb crusted beef cutlets with red pepper pesto and enjoy!