Spiced Nut Mix is a spicy, savory and slightly sweet mix of roasted nuts and crackers that is the perfect game day and holiday snack.
Easy Peasy Spiced Nut Mix
You are just going to love this nut mix as it zesty, addicting and a snap to throw together. It is so easy to throw together, we whipped up a batch during our move.
Pantry Ingredients with a Make Over
Moving is an absolute pain! You need a delicious snack like this spiced nut mix to help you get through the rough times and a glass of wine in other. Keep repeating the process until the packing and unpacking process in complete or until the spiced nut mix is gone.
We wanted to use up the bits and bops of nuts and crackers in the pantry. Why is it that family members will not eat the last handful or 2 of nuts or snacks? Really?!! This Drives us crazy! How about you?
We are all about the waste not want not method so spiced nut mix is a great way to breathe back life into the snacks in the cupboard. You can make your nut mix gluten-free by just holding the crackers or adding a few small gluten-free crackers to the mix or even pretzels. If you want to make this recipe diabetic friendly, exchange the maple syrup with olive oil, coconut oil just so that spices adhere.
The hack for putting this recipe together is to have a total of 2.5 cups of any nuts or bite size crackers. Spices of your choice. We like it a little spicy so we added chili powder and a little earthy so we added a little cumin and garlic for good measure. However, really you could any spices your little heart desires. We just happened to have not packed those 3 spices up yet with the move. Complete coincidence, Really!
Easy Game Day Snacks
This Saturday starts up the college football games and we are armed and ready to go with our delicious spiced nut mix. It is pretty must obligatory that you should have snacks with the pre-game and game festivities. This one pan spiced nut mix could not be easier for any party or gathering or after school snacks.
More Delicious Easy Snack Recipes
Spiced Nut Mix
- Olive oil spray to coat bottom of baking dish
- 1 cup Almonds
- ½ cup Spanish peanuts
- ½ cup pepitas
(shelled pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup Oyster crackers
(other small one bite gluten-free crackers or pretzels)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili powder
or to taste for heat
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C)
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
- Add your almonds, Spanish peanuts, pumpkin seeds (pepitas), oyster crackers to the prepared baking sheet. (You can exchange with any type of nuts and bite sized gluten-free crackers or pretzels to add up to 2.5 cups that your little heart desires) Add your olive oil, maple syrup, salt, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin and mix well. Lay out your spiced nut mix in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes and stir every 15 minutes so that all sides get toasty and roasted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!