One Pot Creamy Kale Pesto Pasta is an easy way to get dinner on your table in under 30 minutes. Angel hair pasta noodles are tossed with a vegan kale and Roasted Pumpkin Seed Butter pesto and pan fried acorn squash. Everything is cooked in one pot!
You are just going to love this one pot kale pasta as it has all our favorite Autumn seasonal flavors in one delicious bite. We love slurping these delicious noodles.
Healthy BUT Delicious
Delicious and creamy
Balance of flavors
One pot clean up
Brilliant Meatless Monday Menu Plan
What's for Dinner?
Have you ever opened your refrigerator and said to yourself, “Oh my goodness, do I have to cook again tonight?” You just walk in from work and the kids are starving and cranky and everything is still frozen solid. We have been there - done that! Cooking under pressure is not fun and it is super stressful.
One Pot Creamy Kale Pesto Pasta is a solution to many of your problems. The recipe is mostly a pantry item special, kids love it and you can have it on your table in under 30 minutes. If you like the idea of less dishes to clean and a speedy dinner, you are going One Pot Shrimp and Sausage Pasta.
Pumpkin or Squash?
You absolutely do not need to use acorn squash in this One Pot Creamy Kale Pesto Pasta recipe. Try a pie pumpkin, butternut, kabocha or really any vegetable that your kids will eat. If you like, you can use frozen butternut squash cubes or any fresh or frozen vegetables your little heart desires.
We have been craving pumpkin and squash. Maybe our bodies know us best as pumpkins/squash are packed with nutrients. Have you tried our Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto or our Thai Pumpkin Curry? Give them a try before the harvest season ends.
A wise old farmer once told us that ingredients that are harvested in the same month, most generally pair well together in a recipe. Do you agree? Both acorn squash and kale are harvested in the fall.
Super Cheap Autumn Harvest Kale
We know that many of you are rolling your eyes about the kale but look how bright green this vibrant this sauce is! Kale has this earthy and slightly tangy taste. Because the pasta is creamy, it adds this little bite of sharpness to our kale pasta recipe. If you have any leftover kale, be sure to try our Autumn Kale Salad and Baked Spicy Salmon and Sweet Potato Kale Hash.
Don't like kale? No worries! Feel free to swap out with spinach or even just make a traditional basil pesto. If you are in a time crunch, use jarred pesto. We know how crazy life is. Be good to yourself. Take some shortcuts when you need to so you can get back to the important things in your life.
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Butter
Our pepitas butter recipe takes this One Pot Creamy Kale Pesto Pasta from okay to let’s have 2nds and 3rd helpings. This nut free kale pesto adds extra creaminess and a nutty flavor to the pasta. We also topped our vegan pasta dish with a few Easy Roasted Pepitas for that added crunch to this recipe.
Noodles from all around the World to your Kitchen
We love to see what you are making in your kitchen so be sure to tag your Instagram noodle recipes with #NoodlesWithoutBorders hashtag.
Whether you have made one of our noodle recipes or one of your own, be sure to use the hashtag.
What is your favorite noodle dish?
Which noodle recipes would you like to see on Healthy World Cuisine (HWC) Magazine?
Worldly Noodles Recipes
Did You Like Our Recipe? Leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating and/or a review in the comments section below. Your feedback is always appreciated! Follow us for more delicious recipes on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook! Don't forget to sign up for our email list for more free recipes.
One Pot Creamy Kale Pesto Pasta
- 6 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
peeled and minced
- 7 oz kale large bunch vein removed and chopped
- 2 cups Acorn squash
peeled and chopped (or any vegetables you desire)
- 3 tablespoon Roasted Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
(or chicken broth if not vegan)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound Angel hair pasta
(regular or gluten-free)
- Roasted pepitas handful (garnish- optional)
- Add olive oil and onions into a pot and saute until golden and aromatic, add garlic stir for a minute. Add kale and toss just until the kale turns bright vibrant green. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pot and add your acorn squash and saute uncovered until slightly golden and fork tender, around 5 minutes. (You can add a tablespoon of water to help steam the squash and speed up the process) Season to taste. Remove cooked acorn squash from pan and set aside.
- Make kale pepita pesto. In a food processor add your cooked kale, onion, garlic, ¼ cup olive oil and ¼ cup roasted pepitas butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth and bright green.
- Add vegetable broth to your pot, salt and pepper to taste and angel hair pasta and boil for about 4 minutes or according to the pasta directions and the broth is mostly evaporated but with some broth still left in the pan. Stir frequently in the pot and cook until aldente.
- Add the kale pepitas pesto to your cooked one pot angel hair pasta and toss well. Divide pasta into 4 bowls, top with pan roasted acorn squash and top with roasted pepitas. Enjoy!