Mini Sweet Roasted Pepper Basil Pasta has sweet caramelized garlicky roasted sweet mini peppers tossed with loads of fresh basil and a buttery olive oil wine sauce. You need just a handful of ingredients and less than 30 minutes to get dinner on the table in a flash.
have had the most gorgeous basil plant I have ever seen. Last week we forgot to bring her in out of the cool evening air and hence we have been having loads of basil in every way manageable. Since our basil plant was the size of an "arborvitae" tree we were able to make loads of fresh pesto. In addition, we also just love the fresh leaves all by themselves as they are pure and taste a little like licorice and oh so fragrant. So what about you? Did you grow basil in your garden this year? Our basil plant is bigger than our dog!!!!
How to Roast Sweet Mini Peppers
Do know what makes this Mini Sweet Roasted Pepper Basil Pasta recipe so special? It is the delicious garlic mini sweet roasted pepper olive oil drizzle. When you roast your mini sweet peppers in the oven with olive oil and garlic, it creates this amazing sweet and garlicky oil left in the pan. That my friend is pure gold. Don't be throwing that away, but instead drizzle your pasta with it and enjoy. In case you missed the post on How to Roast Sweet Mini Peppers , you will need 1-2 batches of the roasted sweet mini peppers, depending on how much snacking you do on these little gems before they hit your pasta dish.
Why you are going to love our Mini Sweet Roasted Pepper Basil Pasta
You are just going to love these delicious slurping noodles. We used gluten-free pasta noodles as that works best for our family but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. Homemade Tagliatelle Pasta with Zucchini Blossoms would rock in this dish. I would have loved to crack out our Marcato Atlas homemade pasta maker but today we needed dinner fast, quick and easy. Mini sweet roasted pepper basil pasta is also vegan, if you hold the parmesan Reggiano cheese.
What to serve with your Mini Sweet Roasted Pepper Basil Pasta
It is just amazing how so few simple ingredients can really make such a delightful dish. Mini sweet roasted pepper basil pasta is fantastic for those insane busy work weeks or delicious on the weekend to curl up with a cozy bowl on these cooler evenings. We made a delightful salad with lots of arugula, radicchio and balsamic Dijon vinaigrette which has a peppery and spicy taste and a nice contrast to this simple dish. We were enjoying a little Vinetie Chardonnay, so this was the perfect way to also deglaze the pan.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
Pasta is a great go to pantry dish and I just love this Marinara Sauce with Hidden Vegetables from the Flavor Bender. We cannot wait to try this pasta that is not really pasta but a delicious low carb Quick Spiralized Squash Carbonara with Pancetta from Cotter's Crunch.
Mini Sweet Roasted Pepper Basil Pasta
- 2 cups roasted mini sweet peppers
(reserve the garlicky roasted red pepper oil from the pan)
- ½ pound spaghetti
(we used gluten free but you can use any shaped or kind of pasta your little heart desires)
- water enough to boil your noodles per package directions and make sure to salt it well!
- ½ tbsp salt for 8 cups of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions
peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
peeled and minced
- ½ cup white wine
dry (or exchange with ½ cup chicken or vegan broth)
- salt and pepper
to taste (we like to use a fair amount of freshly ground pepper in this recipe)
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning (ground basil, oregano, rosemary)
- 1 cup basil
or a large bunch fresh stems removed, washed and leaves left whole
- parmesan cheese Garnish (optional) as desired
- Make your Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers.
- In the meantime, boil your pasta noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain and toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
- In a large pan, add your olive oil and onions and cook for about 3 minutes until translucent and just starting to turn a little golden. Add the garlic, white wine, cooked pasta, salt and pepper to taste, roasted sweet mini peppers, Italian herb seasoning and toss well. Add the oil drizzle from the roasted sweet mini peppers pan, fresh basil and toss again. Season to taste.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan, if desired. Hold if want to keep vegan. Enjoy!