Turkey Curry Puffs
June 9, 2017
Turkey Curry Puffs are so easy to make you don't even need a recipe. Delicious ground turkey and vegetables with velvety creamy light curry sauce wrapped up in a buttery puff pastry and baked to perfection.
Mother Nature has been super hormonal lately. Super-hot one minute and freezing cold the next. It is days like this that we need to be extra good to ourselves and eat nourishing comfort food. Who craves curry when they are cold?
Do you remember a few weeks ago on our Super Easy Crab Salad post we talked about all the unique and fun ways to use curry powder. Well now you can add one more to your list and that is our super simple Turkey Curry Puff Recipe.
We had ground turkey in the refrigerator but really you could use ground beef, ground lamb, ground pork or even a mushroom medley if you want a vegetarian version. We found that ground turkey is tender and delicious and makes a great filling for the turkey curry puffs.
Puff Pastry that is frozen is always a great thing to have on hand as you can make so many delicious dishes in a flash. Have you tried our Blueberry Buckle Almond Tart? or our Berry and Peach Pudding Tart?
A couple of hints when working with frozen puff pastry…to make Turkey curry Puffs or any recipe
- Thaw puff pastry for about 4 hours in refrigerator or about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Do not try to manipulate the puff pastry whilst it is still frozen or it will crack.
- Puff pastry works better cold but not frozen. If your puff pastry was on the counter and is now room temperature, pop in the refrigerator for a few minutes to chill.
- Egg wash gives your puff pastry a beautiful bronze tan.
- Do not be poking holes in your puff pastry or we will have to call it flat pastry instead.
- You can use puff pastry to make breakfast, lunches, dinners, desserts, snacks and everything else in between.
- It is best when baked seem side down but as you can see here also A-Okay if no time to flip over.
WHAT’s FOR DINNER?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
ABOUT HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
Turkey Curry Puffs
June 9, 2017
Delicious ground turkey and vegetables with velvety creamy light curry sauce wrapped up in a buttery puff pastry and baked to perfection.
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Yields: 6 servings
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2Sauté 1 small chopped onion and 1 pound ground turkey with a little olive oil. Season to taste. Cook until ground turkey is browned
3Add 2 teaspoons curry powder or more if you like spicy....1 cup chicken or turkey broth and 1 cup mixed frozen veggies. Sauté for 2 minutes and then add a little cornstarch slurry just until sauce is thickened to a velvety consistency. Season to taste.
4Lay out your unthawed phyllo dough on a greased baking sheet or parchment paper. And 1/2 curried turkey mixture on to one sheet of phyllo dough.
5Brush edges of phyllo dough with egg wash and fold over and crimp edges. Best baked with seam side down but if you are busy and can't flip over that is fine too.
6Repeat process with other curry puff
7Brush both assembled turkey curry puffs with egg wash and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.