Feta Stuffed Mini Peppers are creamy little appetizer bites stuffed with an herbed feta ricotta cheese roasted inside sweet mini peppers.
Oh yeah! A low carb little wonder that hits all the flavor points your mouth desires. Creamy from the whipped ricotta and feta, savoury from the fresh herbs and the feta cheese, sweet from the mini sweet peppers and a juicy two bite little appetizer that will keep you satisfied for hours.
Father’s Day is in another couple of weeks and this is a quick and easy appetizer that is delicious to make in the oven or on the grill. You can prepare up to 24 hours in advance and just bake or roast on the grill over an aluminum sheet and you are in business.
Feta Stuffed Mini Peppers are so easy to make. All you need to do is place the ingredients in a food processor and whip until smooth. You can also whip by hand if you need to build up those biceps. Cut the tops off the mini –peppers. Then, we just placed the whipped feta ricotta herbed mixture into a sealed baggie and cut the tip off so that we could just pipe the stuffing mixture into the mini peppers. Bake, broil or grill and then you are done!
Feta Stuffed Mini Peppers are gluten-free, grain free and low carb. The farmer’s markets are going to be starting up again with all the fresh produce and we enjoy getting the fresh herbs. We used fresh chopped basil, green onions and thyme but really anything your little heart desires would be lovely in the feta stuffed mini peppers. If you are a feta lover like us you are going to love our Feta Stuffed Mushrooms.
How many of you have herb gardens? In the perfect world, love having little herbs on the window seal in the kitchen to use whenever your feel like it.How about you?
If you are looking for some other fun and delicious appetizers for these summer events have you tried our Homemade Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms , Healthy Ricotta Crostini or Sesame Miso Chicken Meatballs?
Feta Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Basil chopped fresh or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp Thyme
chopped fresh or ½ tsp dried
- 2 Green onion
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
(or 2 fresh finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Red pepper flakes
(optional- to taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or preheat grill
- Make the feta ricotta mixture. In a food processor, add ricotta, feta, salt and pepper, basil, thyme and green onions, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Mix until well blended in a food processor or by hand. Set Aside.
- Cut the tops off the 16 mini sweet peppers and remove any seeds.
- Place the feta ricotta mixture into a sealed baggie and cut the end tip off. Pipe the feta ricotta mixture into each sweet mini peppers.
- Place the stuffed mini peppers on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until soft and peppers are slightly golden or you can broil for about 2-3 minutes on each side, watch them carefully so they do not over brown. You can also place a double sheet of aluminum foil piece on the grill and grill your feta stuffed mini peppers for about 3-4 minutes on each side on medium heat. In either situation, you must be prepared to have aluminum foil on your baking dish or grill so that if the cheese starts to ooze out a little bet the aluminum foil with catch it.
- Enjoy hot out of the oven or at room temperature. They can be cooked in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 3 days or can prep and get ready for the oven up to 3 days in advance.