Cozy Chicken Curry soup is like snuggling under the covers on a cold day as it is filled with tender chicken, vegetables, ginger, garlic, turmeric and curry powder. Soup that warms you from the inside out in just 30 little minutes!
Oh my goodness! In just one 24 hour period, Hong Kong went from I feel like I may melt whilst waiting for the bus (30 degrees Celsius) to cracking out the sweaters (18 degrees Celsius). I love fall! I love the crisp air! This is just the kind of weather that needs more than just a soup. You need a Cozy Chicken Curry Soup with a therapeutic kick of warming ginger, anti-inflammatory turmeric and spicy curry powder to keep the chill and colds at bay.
You could make this soup in the slow cooker but I made this delicious soup in just about 30 minutes on the top of my stove. 10 minutes for chopping and 20 minutes to cook and you are in business. I did not even bother peeling my potatoes as this is a rustic and simple soup with no fussing required.
Don’t you just love when you have been working or playing out side and your fingers are chilled and you pick up the warm soup bowl and you can feel the warm steam on your cheeks. This soup is hearty and filling. I actually could feel the spices warm me from the inside out.
You are just going to love this Cozy Chicken Curry Soup as it is happily gluten-free, dairy free, low fat and warming. If you would like to make this meal paleo just swap out the regular potato for a sweet potato. You can make this vegan by using vegetable broth and exchange the chicken with more delicious vegetables like strong beans, cauliflower, root vegetables or whatever you like.
This is also the cold and flu season and the weather is unstable up and down so this cozy chicken curry soup is perfect to bring balance back to your yin and yang.
A huge cheat to this dish is just using your LEFT OVER curry into this soup. If you do not have a gluten allergy, you can even add Japanese udon noodles to the broth. Seriously simple just put your leftover curry in a pan, add chicken broth and season with salt and pepper and adjust curry, turmeric, ginger and cumin to taste, heat add cooked udon noodles and eat. The 10 minute little left over wonder. I promise I wont tell a soul, it will be our little secret.
If you have not eaten curry then my make from scratch 30 minute little cozy chicken curry soup wonder is perfect fall and winter lunch or dinner idea. If you had a slow cooker you would just add all the ingredients into the pot and the spices and like magic, while you are work, dinner is cooked!
More Delicious Easy Soup Recipes
Cozy Chicken Curry Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery
washed and sliced
- 4 potato chopped (if paleo use sweet potato)
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless chicken breast halves chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1.5 tsp turmeric
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
(or to taste)- spicy
- salt and pepper
- 6.5 cups chicken broth gluten free
- In a large soup pot, add olive oil and heat up pot to medium heat and add the chopped onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, celery and potato. Add the chopped chicken breasts. Stir in turmeric, cumin, curry powder and slat and pepper to taste. Just until the chicken starts to sear and then add the chicken broth.
- Cook the cozy chicken and curry soup for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender and skimming off the scum that accumulates on top of the soup pot, so you have a clear broth.
- Assess seasoning. If you want it spicier, add more curry powder. If you want it savorier add more salt and pepper to taste. If you want a more earthy taste add more cumin.
- Enjoy a delicious bowl or two of cozy chicken curry soup.