Copy Cat PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious appetizer to share at all of your gatherings
Why You are going to love these chicken lettuce wraps
These little PF Chang copy cat chicken lettuce wraps are packed with flavor and crunchy vegetables. We love the addition of chopped water chestnuts but it is not required. The dipping sauce is super addictive and you are going to want to make extra as our family loves to slather this on everything.
The weekend is finally here and fun finger food is on the menu! In Asia we enjoy little appetizers such as dim sum but this can be very labor intensive. So over the course of this weekend, I will highlight a couple of very yummy and easy Asian Small Bites that can be made in 30 minutes or less. Less time in the kitchen and more time for autumn fun. In addition, these Lettuce Wraps are great little nibbles for tailgating at football games.
Have you ever eaten at a PF Chang's restaurant? Here is my version of their tasty chicken lettuce wraps. PF Chang's is definitely not a traditional Chinese restaurant by any means. However it is a fun and tasty alternative in the States when you have a craving for some inexpensive Asian fusion foods in a fun atmosphere.
This weekend, let's make your home a fun and hip place to hang out with family and friends and make some tasty Asian fusion foods together. Asian meatballs with dips and 5 spice fried rice crisps make a lovely addition to this .
More tasty Asian appetizers
Negima Yakitori with Grilled Portabella
Have a fun and tasty Asian fusion weekend!
Hungry For More? Subscribe to our Newsletter and follow along on Facebook, You Tube, Instagram, and Pinterest for all the latest updates.
Asian Fusion Small Bites: Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- lettuce 8-12 leaves
- chicken breasts 12 ounces
- tamari (soy) sauce - 2 tablespoons
- sugar or sugar alternative - 2 tablespoons
- rice vinegar - ½ teaspoon
- hoisin dipping sauce - 1 teaspoon (hold if gluten free)
- onion - ½ chopped small
- garlic - 2 cloves minced
- carrots - 2 medium chopped
- celery 2 stalks chopped
- water chestnuts - 1 cup chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup sugar (or low glycemic sugar alternative)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (tamari sauce for gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (low glycemic)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot Chinese mustard (or Dijon mustard)
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1- 2 teaspoons garlic red chile paste
- In a small bowl combine ingredients for stir fry sauce; soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar and hoisin sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine ingredients for dipping sauce; sugar, water, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice, sesame oil, hot mustard, garlic and garlic red chili paste and set aside.
- Wash and remove core from the lettuce leaves and let dry completely
- Place olive oil in wok or pan and heat up and then add garlic and onions and cook until aromatic.
- Add chopped carrots, celery and water chestnuts and keep the wok moving.
- Add chopped chicken and cook until color turns and then add the stir fry sauce and keep the wok moving. 3-5 minutes total for cooking time.
- Remove chicken stir fry from wok and place on serving plate along side of lettuce and dipping sauce. Let your family and guests make their own tasty lettuce wrap creations.
Another great favorite of mine thanks for posting this
LMAO!!!! I love your serving size comment. Appetizer for 2 teenagers...lol! I love chicken lettuce wraps. I just did some ground pork ones.
Healthy World Cuisine says
Joanne thanks. If I don't take my portion out before I bringing it to the table it is gone- inhaled. Growing teenage boys eat so much! I am always in Healthy World Cuisine.