Wholly Guacamole Pizza Pizzazz is like eating a dip, a salad and a pizza all at the same time.
Wholly Guacamole Pizza Pizzazz
What do you do if you want pizza but cannot eat gluten or dairy? Do you just eat a salad and watch painfully as your family and friends bite into the chewy cheesy pizza and glare at them with jealousy? (That my friend is all in the past. This Spring it is time for a change)
I have a fun wholly guacamole pizza pizzazz solution that will help you bring in the bikini, swim trunk and flip flop weather in on the right foot!
The first time I published this post was on Dec 31st, 2013 and since then have made it with many different toppings. Last time I made it with sun-dried tomatoes but really I prefer only fresh ingredients on this type of pizza. Even though it is pizza, it feels really light and I had zero guilt packing a way half of this pizza all by myself. Really! 4 pieces! Half a pizza pie! I know but really it is practically diet with all of these fresh toppings. ……..!!!!!
I had to leave this old photo in for sentimental reasons as it reminds me of the last time my sister came to visit me in Hong Kong. I could tell she was having shell shock with over stimulation so had to head back to some good ole Americana basics with a pizza pie.
Appetizer or Meal
This little fresh wholly guacamole pizza pizzaz is an amazing appetizer or meal idea. Wholly guacamole pizza pizzazz is lactose free, gluten-free, vegan and a fun idea for hosting a party. With your first bite you are greeted with the crunch of lots of fresh vegetables and fresh aromatic herbs and then bite into the creamy dreamy guacamole and then the chewy gluten-free crust. This is the best pizza salad ever and it is full of pizzazz!
If you are having a gathering at your home, a pizza party is a fun way to entertain a crowd. You can make the gluten-free pizza crust in advance and then just top with fresh guacamole and fresh veggie and herbs before your guests arrive. Slice and serve with your favorite beverages for the evening. Do you like the idea of an interactive meal for a party? Be sure to try our Middle Eastern Party Feast and our Simple Spicy Hot Pot.
The best part of this little pizza is the PIZZAZZ is all up to you. You can add whatever pizza topping your little heart desires. I think fresh and bright flavors and colors work the best. I added fresh spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet red bell peppers, fresh chopped parsley, basil and even some black olives. With so many fresh delightful toppings, I did not even miss the chewy dripping cheese and fat laden meats of regular pizzas.
Do you need this wholly guacamole pizza pizzazz ready in a flash? Then cut some corners and I will not tell a soul. Instead of making homemade pizza crust and guacamole from scratch, buy the pre-made and cut your time in the kitchen down to just 10 little minutes. I have to make everything from scratch as I live here in Hong Kong where many modern conveniences are not available or difficult to navigate to. I also cannot have eggs so need to use a binding replacement such as flax seeds and that is why I make my pizza crusts from scratch.
Wholly Guacamole Pizza Pizzazz
Gluten Free Pizza Crust (or you can buy a gluten free pizza crust mix)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 500 grams gluten free bread mix
(I used Bob Red Mill but use whatever one your like or try a mixture of rice flour, tapioca flour and corn flour or whatever you like)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 4 tsp yeast active dry
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
about 110 degrees
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- 3 avocados
split in halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
peeled and minced
- 1/8 cup onion
peeled and chopped finely
- 1/2 jalapeno
chopped finely (amount to taste and desired heat level)
- 3/4 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup cucumbers
thin slices seedless
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped (cherry tomatoes would be lovely here)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olives
black or green - optional
- 1/4 cup parsley
chopped - optional
- 1/4 cup basil
(whole leaves or chopped whatever you like) - optional
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F or 232 Celsius.
- Make the pizza crust: Mix the ground flax seeds with 2 tablespoons of water and stir together. (this is your binding agent as I cannot eat eggs- also great option if making this for your vegan friends) Set aside
- In a small bowl combine the yeast, 1/2 of the warm water and sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the bubbles to form.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients such as flours and salt and add the yeast mixture, ground flax seed mixture and oil and mix. Slowly add the remaining water just until the dough pulls together into a ball.
- Set aside in a warm place for about an hour and let it rise.
- I do not have a pizza stone but if you did that would be great. I placed a little parchment paper over my baking tray and then pushed out the dough with my hands and then placed a second piece of parchment paper on top and rolled it out with a rolling pin. Toss a few sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges are crispy and golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature or just slightly warm.
- Make the guacamole dip while your pizza crust is baking. In a medium bowl add the avocados and mash with fork until you remove most of the lumps, add lime juice, garlic, onion, jalapeño and salt together until mixed. Set aside.
- Assemble the pizza: Spread the guacamole over the baked and slightly cooled pizza crust. Garnish with spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, red bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, parsley and basil, season with salt and pepper and add any little fresh topping that your little heart desires.
- Eat and enjoy!