Low Carb Veggie Turkey Burger are juicy and tender and packed with garden fresh vegetables. 20 Minute Meal from Kitchen to Table!
You are just going to love these Low Carb Veggie Turkey Burger as they are packed with flavor from the dash of Italian herbs, garlic and little spice from the paprika. We used the bounty of farmer’s market vegetables such as zucchini, carrots and grated Vidalia sweet onions to take this burger to the next level.
Keeping it Low Carb
To keep this burger lower carb, we decided to serve our Low Carb Veggie Turkey Burger as a lettuce wrap. We topped our burger with avocado and some of our delicious Gingered Onion Gold Beet Refrigerator Pickles. We only used one carrot in the mix to make it colorful but you could swap out with spinach or grated broccoli or cauliflower to make it even lower carb.
We pan fried our Veggie Turkey Burger in a little olive oil but you can also cook on the grill or BBQ outside. It has been so steamy hot lately and our deck gets full sun right around dinner time so sometimes we take the party inside.
Quick and Easy Dinner
Low Carb Veggie Turkey Burger are a snap to throw together and clock in at about 20 minutes from kitchen to table. We used just a hand grater to grate the vegetable but you could save yourself some time and just throw all your vegetables into the food processor and then toss in the ground turkey.
Tips for making Low Carb Veggie Turkey Burgers
The tricks for success is to form your patties and then put them in the freezer for a few minutes (around 30 – 60 minutes) so they hold shape on the grill.
A bonus of making Low Carb Veggie Turkey Burgers as that they are a great make ahead meal. You can add them to lunches for the week and they freeze great. We freeze our little veggie turkey burgers between parchment paper (waxed paper) and then in a tupperware or freezer bag and just take one when we need it. You can freeze them either cooked or raw. Meal planning for Back to School madness just got easier!
More Delicious Low Carb Recipes
Another few low carb and diabetic friendly less than 30 minute meals are our Thai Curry Turkey Tofu Meatballs, Mediterranean Red Snapper Packets, Clean Eating Shrimp Stir Fry and our Creamy Chipotle Chicken Skillet.
If you are looking for low carb quick and meal ideas be sure to check out our Low Carb Recipe Category
Zucchini are in season and we love grilling them, roasting them, stuffing them or tossing them in our Low Carb Shrimp Sausage Skillet.
If you make any of our recipes, be sure to tag us with your photo on instagram with @hwcmagazine. We love seeing your meals.
Low Carb Veggie Turkey Burger
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Carrot small grated (or can use grated broccoli, cauliflower or any veggie you desire)
- 1/4 cup Onion peeled and grated
- 3 cloves Garlic
peeled and minced
- 1 pound Ground turkey
- 1 Egg beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
and extra if pan frying
- Condiments – lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onions, mayo, Dijon mustard or anything your little heart desires optional
- With a hand grater or with a food processor grate your zucchini, carrot, onion, and garlic and add to your ground turkey. Add beaten egg, salt and pepper to taste, paprika, Italian seasoning and olive oil and mix well.
- Form into hamburger patties. Place in freezer if going to grill to hold their shape for about 1 hour.
- To pan fry, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil or oil of choice into frying pan and cook over medium heat the Low Carb Turkey Burgers about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear.
- If grilling, prepare your grill plate with liberal amounts of olive oil to prevent sticking. Grill over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the juices run clear.
- Wrap your cooked Low Carb Turkey Burgers in a lettuce leaf and top with all your favorites like pickles, tomatoes, onions, mayo, Dijon mustard, or anything your little heart desires and enjoy!