Huang Pi Martini is a refreshingly light citrus cocktail made with the tropical Asian Huang pi (wampee) fruit, vodka and fizzy seltzer water.
Why you are going to love the Huang pi Martini
It is never too early to prepare for the weekend or to get in the weekend spirit.
One of the best ways to get the weekend started is to make yourself a cold and delicious cocktail. The Huang Pi martini is a cold and crisp cocktail made with the yellow-skinned fruit called the Huang Pi, citrus flavoured vodka, soda water and ice all blended to make this tantalising refreshing summer drink. I even made a virgin one for the boys.
What is a Huang Pi Fruit?
The Huang Pi fruit, also known as Chinese clausena or wampee is in season now. Huang Pi are lightly sweet with the essence of oranges, lemons, limes and a little sweet like white grapes. They are a lot of work to eat as you first have to remove the skin and it is only about the size of a grape. There are about 2-3 seeds inside of each and a little membrane that looks similar to an orange.
Huang Pi fruit has a very tropical flavour and exciting to the senses. If you can’t your hands on this little Chinese fruit no worries. I would substitute half a lime, half and orange, a quarter of a grapefruit and a few white grapes for the Huang Pi in this martini.
I am sorry I have been a bit delayed commenting on your websites and responding to your e-mails but I have been a tad bit busy. Please give a warm welcome to newest and most definitely smallest Healthy World Cuisine Clean up Crew….Buddy!
Buddy is a whopping 0.72 kg of fun. He is a Yorkshire Terrier. Mr. Anonymous says he about the size of a 6 inch subway sandwich. I feel like we have a new toddler in the house. We are potty training, on a feeding schedule and have child proofed the house. We have even been doing some night shifts. This all seems quite odd, when you have teenagers living at home.
I think that is all the more reason to get this weekend started a little early. Get that blender out and let’s have a little fun.
More Refreshing Beverage Recipes
Huang Pi Martini
Huang Pi Martini (Adults)
- 30 pieces Huang Pi (Yellow Skinned Fruit) (peeled, deseeded)(You can substitute half of lime, half an orange and 1/4 of a grapefruit and a handful of peeled white grapes)
- 3 oz Citrus Vodka
about 1.5 oz per person (give or take) I used Absolut Citron lemon flavoured vodka as that is what I had, but you could just use plain straight up vodka)
- 6-7 ice cubes (Your goal is to have it get the consistency of a slushy)
- 1 packet splenda
or sugar alternative of choice
- 1/2 cup seltzer water
Huang Pi Martini (Kids) NO ALCOHOL - VIRGIN
- 15 pieces Huang Pi (Yellow Skinned Fruit)
15 pieces (for one kid martini)
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
like a sprite or 7up
- 4 ice cubes as desired - optional
- Wash, peel and remove seeds and membranes from Huang Pi (yellow skinned fruit). Feel free to substitute half of lime, half an orange and 1/4 of a grapefruit and a handful of peeled white grapes if you cannot get Huang Pi where you live.
Adult Huang Pi Martini (with Alcohol)
- Adult Version: Place Huang Pi fruit in the blender along with citrus vodka, ice cubes, low glycemic sugar alternative and soda water. Blend and mix into a 7/11 slurpy like texture.
Kid Version Huang Pi Martini (Virgin- No Alcohol)
- Kid Version: Place Huang Pi fruit in the blender along with ice cubes and lemon-lime soda. If your fruit is not sweet like a Huang Pi, then you may need to add a little low glycemic sugar alternative. Blend and mix into a 7/11 slurpy like texture.
- Pour cocktails into martini glasses for the adults and plastic tumblers for the kids. Garnish and enjoy your refreshing summer cocktail.