Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops are filled with three types of cheese and bacon then grilled and finished in the oven for a delicious dinner that your whole family will love.
Please extend a very warm welcome to Raymund from Ang Sarap . Ang Sarap means “It’s Delicious” in Tagalog. Raymund has some of the most delicious recipes and his Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops are sure not to disappoint. It is grilling season and it is time to get cracking with some fun and easy recipes that the whole family will enjoy and even the picky eaters in your crew.
Okay stop licking your screen….caught you! Seriously, look at all of that cheesy deliciousness. Bacon, cheese, pork chops are like major food groups for my boys. Raymund’s Cheese stuffed pork chops recipe is sure to be a hit in our household and I hope yours too. Low carb, gluten-free, no eggs and diabetic friendly with a big tossed salad on the side.
Ang Sarap is a delicious recipe website that not only has many recipes influenced by the many places Raymund has lived around the world but he also shares a little history behind each dish. Ang Sarap has many recipes from the Philippines but also South Eastern Asia, Europe, New Zealand and even some American dishes.
Please stop on over to Ang Sarap and say hello.
Before anything else I would like to thank Healthy World Cuisine for inviting me to do a guest post in this wonderful blog, it is my pleasure to be in this space hence I will be sharing a special dish today which started my love and passion for cooking, the Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops.
While other Asian kids enjoy their instant noodles as their comfort food, I was busy experimenting at home with some of my favourite food items. As a young child when I was left alone at home with our house nanny I tried to experiment making some food for my own consumption, it started with some oatmeal cookies, bananas dipped in bagoong as well as making my own carbonara pasta. Though some of them were a failure like putting raw eggs on my pasta, most of them were a success like this Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops that I cooked again and again since the first time I made them.
Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops are filled with three kinds of cheese
It started with a simple concoction of just pork chops stuffed with a quick melt cheese until it became this recipe that we had now. The latest version of my Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops are made out thick cut pork chops with fat on, filled with three types of cheeses namely sharp cheddar cheese, mozzarella and parmesan together with some bacon and some seasoning. It is then seared to perfection then finished in an oven topped again with some mozzarella. The result is a food worth exchanging those delicious junk food kids love.
More Pork Recipes your Family is going to Love
Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
- 3 boneless pork chops
- 6 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1.5 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 tsp chili powder ground
- black pepper freshly ground to taste
- salt to taste
- Fry bacon in pan until crispy, cool down and chop into small pieces
- In a bowl combine together chopped bacon ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, parsley and chilli powder. Mix then set aside.
- Prepare your pork chops by cutting a pouch lengthwise.
- Fill the pork with ⅓ of the cheese mixture and do it with the rest. Seal pork chops with either sewing a cooking twine or just by toothpicks.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top of pork chops then place the pork chops still in the griddle in a 220C preheated oven and cook for 5-8 more minutes until mozzarella is golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and remove the pork chops from the griddle, let it rest for 5 minutes prior to serving.