Asian Beef Roll Ups are a fast and delicious low carb option with colorful vegetables rolled up in thin beef with a garlicky soya sauce.
7 ingredients and 20 minutes and dinner is done. You must love that!
Sometimes you may hear people call these steak roll ups, Sukiyaki beef roll ups or maybe even rouladen. Every country has their version of this delicious dish but this one simply delicious with just a handful of ingredients. We made ours gluten-free and used tamari sauce instead of soya sauce.
What are the best vegetables to use in an Asian Beef Roll ups?
We used super thin eye of the round steak but also works best with sukiyaki beef. For our rollups, we used a simple trio of colorful low carb bell peppers. These are also delicious with enoki mushrooms and asparagus. If you choose a firmer vegetable such as carrots or green beans, they will need to be blanched before rolling up so it cooks all the way through.
How to make a simple Asian Sauce
Please do not be washing out your pan right away as the little brown bits from sautéing the Asian Beef Roll-ups is just what you need to make a delicious simple sauce. We deglazed the pan with a little mirin (Japanese wine) but you can use cooking sherry, soy sauce and garlic.
We served our Asian Beef roll-ups with some sautéed mushrooms and a side salad with sesame dressing.
Staying on a low carb/ keto-friendly/diabetic friendly diet can be challenging, especially with the change of seasons. When you think of comfort food, you think of carbohydrates and warming foods. We know that this can be difficult and we are here to help you along the way. If you are new to the KETO Diet, check out our post, "What is a Ketogenic Diet?".
If you are looking for other low carb/keto-friendly meals be sure to try our garlic chicken saltimbocca, hot and sour soup, or our slow cooker beef rendang, so good you will forget all about your dietary restrictions.
More Favorite Japanese Recipes
Asian Beef Roll Ups
- Beef- Eye of the round sliced super thin or sukiyaki beef slices – 16
- Red bell pepper- ½ cut into thin slices lengthwise
- Orange bell pepper – ½ cut into thin slices lengthwise
- Green bell pepper- ½ cut into thin slices lengthwise
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic – 2 cloves peeled and minced
- Mirin (Japanese wine) or cooking sherry – ¼ cup
- Soy sauce (tamari sauce) – 2 tablespoons
- Water- 2 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds – 2 teaspoons (white toasted)
- Place 3 bell pepper slices horizontal and at the edge of your thin beef slice (we used one green, yellow and red bell pepper slice but you could use all one color or different veggies if desired) Roll up tightly. Salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place olive oil in pan and cook your Asian beef roll-ups for 1-2 minutes on all sides on medium high heat… 4 minutes total. Do not over crowd your pan. We did this in 2 batches.
- Make your sauce: Remove your cooked Asian Beef roll ups from the pan and keep warm. Add your minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Then add your mirin, cooking sherry or dry white wine and deglaze pan for about 3 minutes. Add your soy sauce (tamari) and water until heated, another 1-2 minutes. Turn off burner.
- Drizzle the sauce over your cooked Asian Beef roll-ups, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy!
- We served ours with sautéed mushrooms and a salad with Japanese sesame dressing.