3-minute Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is ready in a flash, only 4 ingredients and makes any dish extra delicious. (Gluten-Free and Dairy- Free too!)
Our delicious Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto can be used as a marinade, as a grilling baster sauce, as a dipping sauce. You’re going to also love it in pasta dishes. Have you ever tried adding a dollop of it in your slow cooker with your beef or chicken? This pesto is going to bring your recipes to a whole new level.
How to store your 3-Minute Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
We love to make our Pesto in bulk. We freeze the sun-dried tomato pesto in little containers to use whenever we fancy. You could even freeze in little zip locked plastic baggies and label or in ice-cube trays. It is best to use your frozen Pesto within 3- 4 months and your fresh refrigerated version within 5-7 days.
You are also going to love this 3 minute Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto as it much cheaper to make homemade then to buy it pre-made in a jar at the store. Using sun-dried tomatoes in a jar preserved in olive oil which is a HUGE time saver or sun- dried tomatoes in a package that you need to rehydrate. If you make your own sun-dried tomatoes from your garden, even better yet!
Dairy Free Pesto
We have also kept our sun-dried tomato pesto dairy free. We have not added any parmesan cheese. However, you most certainly can if you desire. In addition, we did not add any pine nuts so this recipe is perfectly allergy free and a heck of a lot cheaper as well.
We just loved tossing a little bit of our Pesto into our homemade pasta. After you add the pasta, the sun-dried tomato and a little of the pasta water into a pan, mix and serve and dinner is served.
We used this 3-minute Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto as a dipping sauce for our Baked Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms.
3-Minute Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- sun-dried tomatoes - 1 cup preserved in olive oil (see notes if using dried sun-dried tomatoes not in olive oil)
- olive oil extra virgin - ¼ cup
- water - ⅛ cup or more as needed to blend smooth
- 4 garlic cloves- peeled
- basil leaves- ¾ cup fresh removed from stem
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor add sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, water, garlic, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth about 1 minute. (If you choose to use Dried sun-dried tomatoes you will first need to steep them is warm water for one hour and drain before use)