Asian Meatball Lollipops
Asian Meatball Lollipops are a fun appetizer to serve for all of your gatherings made with pork and a hoisin dipping sauce.
- ground pork - 1 pound
- green onions - ½ cup chopped
- ginger - 1 teaspoon minced
- sesame oil - 2 tablespoon
- rice vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- white pepper - ½ teaspoon
- tamari (soy) sauce - 2 tablespoons
- egg - 1 beaten
- cooking oil - 2 tablespoons
- bamboo skewers - optional
Hoisin Dipping Sauce
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- garlic- 1 clove minced
- ginger - 1 teaspoon grated
- hoisin dipping sauce - 6 tablespoons
- tamari (soy) sauce - 1 tablespoon
- water - 2 tablespoons
- sesame oil - 1 teaspoon
- spicy garlic chili paste - ½ teaspoon
Assemble hoisin dipping sauce. Place oil into pan and heat up and add garlic and ginger and cook until aromatic and the rest of ingredients and mix well. Turn off heat and allow to cool, set aside or refrigerate until needed.
In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients for Asian meatballs; pork, scallions, garlic ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, white pepper, soy sauce, egg and salt and mix well.
Take about a tablespoon of pork mixture and roll into a small round meatball. Continue with the rest of the pork mixture and set aside.
In medium bring cooking oil to medium heat and add the meatballs. Cook meatballs until golden brown on all sides. (alternatively you can bake the meatballs at 350 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes)
Place meatballs on a serving platter with hoisin and Thai sweet chili sauces on side. Place a bamboo skewer in each meatball for easy eating. Enjoy!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.5g | Protein: 31.5g | Fat: 10.9g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 526mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 0.5g