Crockpot Thai Turkey Tenderloin
Crockpot Thai Turkey Tenderloin is filled with delicious aromatics, pull apart turkey and a thick and rich coconut broth served over rice.
- 1.5 pounds 1.5 pounds uncooked turkey tenderloins (we used Honey Suckle White Zesty Italian turkey breast tenderloins that are marinating but uncooked)
- 1/4 tsp ¼ teaspoon white pepper
(can use black pepper)
- 1.5 tbsp Red Curry paste
- 3 slices galangal root (fresh) or slices of fresh ginger root.
- 3 whole kaffir lime
(remove vein so that the oils can be released into the dish)
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste (or 2 fresh stalks cut and bashed to release the flavors)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon cube
or 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz Full fat Coconut Milk
shaken really well to incorporate the liquids and solids (we used Aroy brand)- Don’t add until the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Cilantro, chili peppers and limes for garnish (optional)
Place the turkey tenderloins, pepper, Thai red curry paste, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, water, chicken bouillon or fish sauce and garlic powder into your crock pot (slow cooker).
Cook on high for 3.5- 4 hours or until your turkey is pull apart tender or low for 8-10 hours and pull apart tender.
Add your well-shaken full fat coconut milk to your cooked turkey tenderloin in the crockpot during the last 10 minutes of cooking, essentially just to heat through.
Pull apart your turkey with forks and mix with all of that delectable Thai coconut curry broth. Serve over cooked Thai Jasmine rice and garnish with cilantro, chili and limes if desired. Enjoy!
If for some reason you forgot and put your coconut milk at the beginning of the cook time, no worries. Do you have a sad separate Thai broth with curdling between the juices and the coconut milk. We have been there done that as we always test all of our recipes several times for you. Just drain your liquid from your crockpot and allow to cool for just a couple of minutes. Put the curdled coconut broth in a food processor or in a blender until smooth and creamy. Add the delicious coconut broth back into the crock pot and pull apart your turkey tenderloins and enjoy. Problem solved.
We know it is difficult to find many Asian ingredients. Here are the substitutions...
- galangal - ginger
- lemon grass - lemon grass paste
- kaffir lime leaves - 1 tsp of fresh lime zest only add just before serving.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 604mg | Potassium: 654mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 5mg