Asian Beef Roll Ups
Asian Beef Roll Ups are a fast and delicious low carb option with colorful vegetables rolled up in thin beef with a garlicky soya sauce.
- Beef- Eye of the round sliced super thin or sukiyaki beef slices – 16
- Red bell pepper- ½ cut into thin slices lengthwise
- Orange bell pepper – ½ cut into thin slices lengthwise
- Green bell pepper- ½ cut into thin slices lengthwise
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic – 2 cloves peeled and minced
- Mirin (Japanese wine) or cooking sherry – ¼ cup
- Soy sauce (tamari sauce) – 2 tablespoons
- Water- 2 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds – 2 teaspoons (white toasted)
Place 3 bell pepper slices horizontal and at the edge of your thin beef slice (we used one green, yellow and red bell pepper slice but you could use all one color or different veggies if desired) Roll up tightly. Salt and pepper on all sides.
Place olive oil in pan and cook your Asian beef roll-ups for 1-2 minutes on all sides on medium high heat… 4 minutes total. Do not over crowd your pan. We did this in 2 batches.
Make your sauce: Remove your cooked Asian Beef roll ups from the pan and keep warm. Add your minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Then add your mirin, cooking sherry or dry white wine and deglaze pan for about 3 minutes. Add your soy sauce (tamari) and water until heated, another 1-2 minutes. Turn off burner.
Drizzle the sauce over your cooked Asian Beef roll-ups, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy!
We served ours with sautéed mushrooms and a salad with Japanese sesame dressing.
If you can find sukiyaki style beef, that is fantastic. If not, find the sharpest knife in your drawer to slice the beef ultra thin. Another option, is to find thin beef slices at the butcher. Sometimes they use this for beef dip sandwiches but we found this works great for the rollups too.
If you want to keep this recipe gluten free, be sure to substitute soy sauce with tamari sauce.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.6g | Protein: 52.7g | Fat: 19.3g | Cholesterol: 151mg | Sodium: 698mg | Potassium: 708mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 5.9g