Cherry Ginger Salsa
Cherry Ginger Salsa is like taking a bite into summer with sweet Michigan Bing Cherries, grated ginger, jalapeño, citrus and fresh herbs.
- 2.5 cups cherries
Pitted and sliced
- 2 Green onion
- 1.5 tsp Ginger
- 1 jalapeño
chopped finely or to desired heat level
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Cilantro garnish of desired - optional
In a medium bowl, add the pitted and sliced cherries, green onion, grated ginger, jalapeño , salt to taste. If serving right away also add the lime juice and lemon zest. If not add just before serving and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Note we did not add raw garlic or raw purple onion to this recipe as we feel those additions a little strong without a toothbrush and toothpaste nearby but can be added as desired
- You can pit and slice and all your ingredients, except for the lime/lemon juice and zest so that your cherry salsa stays fresh. The citrus juice starts to break down the salsa as it sits so add that just before serving.
- This salsa is also delicious made with blueberries, strawberries and watermelon.
- You better the double the batch as it goes fast. Don’t tell us we did not warn you!
- If you already own a cherry pitter, lucky for you. For the rest of us, the fastest way I have found to get the pit out of the cherry is using a small tipped pastry tip. Also, the old fashion knife method works out A-okay too. We tried the chopstick at the end over a bottle trick and just made a mess.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg