Italian Scrambled Eggs
Italian Scrambled Eggs is a quick and easy less than 10-minute vegetarian low carb breakfast or brunch with zucchini (courgette)and tomatoes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 3/4 cup zucchini (courgette) cut in half lengthwise and sliced (or one extra small zucchini)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning dried (or a mixture of basil, oregano and thyme)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion sliced - optional for garnish
In a small frying pan, add your olive oil, chopped zucchini and fry for a minute or 2 until slightly golden on both sides.
Add your chopped tomatoes in the pan and toss for just a second and then add your beaten egg. Season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Toss and cook until the egg comes together about 1 minute. Remember, your egg will continue to cook even after it is removed from the pan due to the residual heat.
Remove from pan and garnish with green onions if desired. Enjoy!
If you like to add a little milk or dairy alternative to your eggs, feel free to do so. However, did you know that milk can make your eggs tough and bland?
If you want to add a little freshly grated parmesan, feta or cheese of choice, feel free to do so.
In addition, please add any other vegetables or mushrooms you desire. We used dried herbs as our little herb plants from seed are still germinating. However, feel free to add fresh basil and herbs as that would be extra delicious.
How to make scrambled eggs better?
- Don’t add milk or cream as this can make eggs tough and rubbery
- Use butter or olive oil to fry eggs.
- Always beat your eggs in a separate container first as you never know when you might get that defective egg. In addition, it helps to beat and pull together the whites and the yolks together during the beating process.
- You can beat your eggs with a fork or whisk. No fancy whisks here.
- Cook over low medium heat just until they pull all together and remove from heat.
- Eggs will continue to cook after you take them off the heat.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 534mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1211IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg