Roasted Turmeric Spiced Turkey Breast is a succulent bone in turkey breast cooked with turmeric, cardamom, spices and a very fun twist for a holiday gathering.
Super moist, filled with aromatics and spices and super-fast to make. Win Win!
Do you ever wish you could have a delicious turkey without all the time in the kitchen? Cooking a bone in chicken breast without the legs and wings cooks much faster. If you are just having four to six people over for Thanksgiving, then this is also a great solution.
Does dark meat go to waste because no one in your family will eat it?
Then, a bone in turkey breast is the perfect solution. We usually allow 1 pound of turkey for each person with a bone in turkey breast.
The best reason to make a toasted turmeric spiced turkey breast is because it tastes fantastic and is super tender and moist. Why not try something a little different for Turkey Day? We are not just going to be different but boldly delicious and healthy at the same time. Check out our Asian Fusion Low Carb Holiday Feast!
Start your menu out with Skinny Spaghetti Squash Egg Roll Ups as a starter. For the main, you have your delicious Roasted Turmeric Spiced Turkey Breast. Garlicky Sesame Stir Fried Green Beans and Layered High Sesame Asian Salad are low carb delicious side dishes. You can even have our Spicy Chai Coconut Jelly for dessert.
Turmeric the Natural Anti-inflammatory spice
Do any of you suffer with achy joints as the weather gets cooler and damp? Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. Turmeric is a spice that adds that beautiful yellow color to any dish. You can use either freshly grated or dried powdered turmeric in this Roasted Turmeric Spiced Turkey Breast recipe. We love cooking with turmeric. If you are looking for other recipes for health please try our Turmeric Vegetable Medley , Turmeric Pork Skewers and Thai Basil Dipping Sauce, Easy Spiced Golden Milk and our Cozy Chicken Curry Soup.
Turmeric is also a warming spice along with the paprika and ginger. Around this time of year with the seasonal changes this really hits the spot. We also used cardamom and a little clarified butter(ghee) to make this bird sing.
Just look how moist this bird is. The secret we have found is to cook our bone in turkey breast with a little turkey broth and covered for the 1st 30 minutes and then we uncover and baste with the turmeric infused clarified spiced butter every 15 minutes until the juices run clear or the internal temperature is 165 degrees. As the turkey rests, the temperature will rise.
If you are going to get that oven going, you might as well add some vegetables around your bone in Turkey Breast for an easy one pan meal. Seasonal veggie work best like Brussel sprouts,, etc. Crispy Roasted Cauliflower and turmeric is also a delicious combo! We hope you give our Roasted Turmeric Spiced Turkey Breast recipe a try this autumn.
Delicious Thanksgiving Sides to go with a Turkey Breast
Roasted Turmeric Spiced Turkey Breast
- 4-6 pounds Turkey bone in breast
- 1/4 cup clarified organic butter
or ghee or butter if no dairy issues
- 2 tsp turmeric dried ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cardamom dried ground
- 3 cups seasonal vegetables
chopped (we used Brussel sprouts, potatoes and onions cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F or 162 degrees C.
- Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray
- Pour your ghee or clarified butter (you can make your own clarified butter by just heating your butter slowly on the stove until clear, strain any solids) Place your bone in turkey breast in the roasting pan. Rub your turkey on all sides with your clarified butter (ghee) and then sprinkle with turmeric, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, cardamom if using dried. (if using whole cardamom pods just lightly crush and add to the roasting pan.
- Add seasonal vegetables and pour chicken broth around the sides of the bone in turkey breast. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Cover your turmeric spiced turkey breast with aluminum foil and secure around edges.
- Bake for ½ hour. Remove aluminum foil from your turkey and baste turkey. Place turkey back into the oven and baste every 15 minutes until the turkey is golden brown, the internal temperature is 165 degree F and the juices run clear. Remove the turkey from the oven to rest and keep warm for 10 minutes. (cooking time will be around 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours for a 4-6 pound bone in turkey breast)
- Carve your Turkey and enjoy!