Healthy Moroccan Mint Tea is a healthy twist on the original recipe with fresh mint leaves and organic gunpowder green tea without sugar. Simply fresh and delicious!
The fresh minty flavor and the earthy smoky flavor of the Chinese Gunpowder Organic Green Tea make this a refreshing accompaniment to your favorite dessert at the end of the meal.
Did you know that traditionally Moroccan Mint Tea is just filled with refined sugars? Personally, we love our tea plain. No milk, no sugar just the plain tea so you can taste the depth of flavor in the tea.
As we are gearing up for the New Year, adding Healthy Moroccan Mint Tea into your diet has many health benefits. It is the cold and flu season. Mint contains menthol which can open up your sinuses and help you breath and open up that stuffy nose. The Chinese Gunpowder Green tea has powerful antioxidants that can help prevent cancer cells from forming. Mint can also help settle the stomach and indigestion after a rich meal. However, if you suffer from GERD you should avoid this tea as both the caffeine and mint can inflame GERD symptoms. Healthy Moroccan Mint Tea has also been known to help clear up face blemishes and relieve aches and pains.
However, the one reason why you are going to want to try this super easy beverage is because it tastes fantastic and is so relaxing. It gives you a sense of euphoria. We love drinking this cuppa hot but in the hot summer months can be enjoyed over ice.
Did you know this tea has only 3 ingredients; hot water, fresh mint leaves and Chinese gunpowder green tea? How easy is that!
Do you know why they call this type of tea “gunpowder”green tea? It is because the leaves of this green tea are rolled into the shape of little pinhead pellets resembling gunpowder. Gunpowder green is higher in caffeine than most other green teas so it will help you stay focused and improve your alertness.
You can get many steeps from this brew. Usually, at least 4-5 steeps, depending on your tea quality. With the New Year upon us it will be time to start sorting, cleaning and organizing. You are going to need a cup of motivation or two to get you moving. Cheers!
More Delicious Tea Recipes
Healthy Moroccan Mint Tea
- 2 tbsp Gunpowder green tea
- 1 kettle Hot water (as you will need to rinse your tea and you can get several steeps from this tea)
- 1/2 cup spearmint leaves fresh (washed and roughly torn)
- Place your gunpowder green tea into your tea pot with built in strainer. Pour enough hot water over your tea leaves to cover. Leave it set for a moment to rinse and allow the tea leaves to open. Discard this tea water. Repeat the process again.
- Place the slightly torn spearmint leaves in your tea pot on top of the rinsed gunpowder green tea. Pour your hot water over the tea and steep for 2.5 minutes and pour to serving cups. (if you must have your tea sweet, then at this point in time you would add your sugar to taste, then mix by pouring high from one tea pot to another – about 5 times to mix well)
- Garnish with additional mint leaves, if desired.